Read here 9 fun facts about the world known actress Anne Hathaway, according to news.moviefone.com.
1. During Hathaway’s audition for “The Princess Diaries,” Hathaway accidentally fell out of her chair and was offered the role right on the spot.
2. Hathaway was originally supposed to play Katherine Heigl’s role in “Knocked Up,” but dropped out before filming started.
3. Every August 3, Hathaway gives thanks to the universe. She chose that day because it is the day “Princess Diaries” came out.
4. Hathaway experienced real-life fear when she got caught up in a riptide during vacation in Oahu, Hawaii. Luckily, a surfer came to her rescue before she drowned.
5. The FBI once seized Hathaway’s diaries when her ex Raffaello Follieri was arrested for wire fraud and money laundering. She never had any charges pressed against her.
6. Hathaway once cried after reading an article about Kate Winslet in Vogue. Why? Because she was so overwhelmed by how much she loved Winslet. We get it.
7. Hathaway was the first teenager admitted to the acting program at The Barrow Group in New York.
8. Hathaway shares the same name with William Shakespeare’s wife, Anne Hathaway.
9. Hathaway made her TV debut was in a Better Homes and Garden Real Estate commercial filmed in 1997.