Marvel Studios announced Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II for May 4, 2018 and May 3, 2019 respectively. Let’s see some interesting facts we already know about the movie!
1. Rumors say that Part I will have Spider-Man, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon, Vision, Winter Soldier, Scarlet Witch, Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket Racoon, Groot, Ant-Man, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, and War Machine team up in the cliffhanger. Then, Captain Marvel and the Inhumans will join in Part II for an epic fight against Thanos with his Infinity Gauntlet.
2. IMAX has stated that this film will be entirely filmed with IMAX 2D digital cameras. This will make it the first non-documentary film to be entirely filmed with IMAX cameras.
3. Parts I and II will follow the Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and possibly the Defenders as they set out to stop Thanos from finding and taking possession of all six Infinity Gems and save the universe from destruction.
4. According to Kevin Feige, the Avengers are expected to have a “superhero shake-up” between the two Infinity War films, unlike the prior two Avengers films which mainly consisted of the same team.
5. This film will mark the 10th anniversary of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
6. All three Marvel Cinematic Universe phases have referenced either an Infinity Stone or the Infinity Gauntlet.
7. The Russo Brothers announced they would have about 67 characters in the two parts of Infinity War.
8. Athough Joss Whedon directed the first two Avengers films, he has announced that he will not be returning to direct Infinity Wars – Part I or II. However, on April 7, 2015, the Russo brothers were confirmed to direct Parts I and II.
9. The supposed budget for Avengers: Infinity War – Parts I and II would come to a total of about $1 billion while $400 million is just reserved for the actors, directors, producers, and other crew members. This is not surprising, since Marvel is one of the largest film franchises with earnings that have surpassed $10 billion.
10. Robert Downey Jr. had a separate deal from his Marvel Cinematic Universe co-stars when he signed on to do both Infinity War – Parts I and II, as well as his appearance in Captain America: Civil War (2016). These negotiations occurred separately after he completed his contract to do the Iron Man (2008) trilogy.
11. Avengers: Infinity War – Parts I and II are described as “The Lord of the Rings in space,” by an unnamed intern tasked with, ‘just put different buzzwords in the Star Wars description yeah the first one the good first one figure it out.’
12. At a press event for Captain America: Civil War in May 2016, Joe and Anthony Russo confirmed that Infinity War part 1 will mark the cinematic debut of Carol Danvers, aka Captain Marvel, before her solo film in February 2019.
13. Initially, Danvers was supposed to appear at the end of Avengers: Age of Ultron as a member of the new Avengers lineup lead by Captain America and Black Widow. This ultimately did not happen.