Robin Gayle Wright born April 8, 1966) is an American actress and director. Let’s see some awesome facts and trivia about her!
1. Robin Wright was born in Dallas, Texas, to Gayle (Gaston), a cosmetics saleswoman, and Freddie Wright, a pharmaceutical company employee.
2. She was raised in San Diego,California.
3. She attended La Jolla High School and Taft High School in Woodland Hills, Los Angeles.
4. Robin Wright owns two oil wells in Texas.
Robin Wright started her career as a model, when she was 14.
5. She first became popular for playing Kelly Capwell on the NBC television soap opera Santa Barbara, which earned her several Daytime Emmy Award nominations.
6. She transitioned into feature film work as Buttercup in the cult hit The Princess Bride (1987), and as Jenny Curran in Forrest Gump in (1994).
7. The latter role garnered her widespread critical acclaim as well as Golden Globe Award and Screen Actors Guild nominations for Best Supporting Actress.
8. From 1986 to 1988, Wright was married to actor Dane Witherspoon, whom she met in 1984 on the set of the soap opera Santa Barbara.
9. In 1996, she married actor Sean Penn.
10. She has formerly engaged to Ben Foster from January 11, 2014 to November 12, 2014. They got back together in January 2015.
11. She has two children with Sean Penn. One daughter, Dylan Frances Penn, who was born on April 13 1991 and Hopper Jack Penn, who was born on August 6 1993.
12. She turned down roles in Batman Forever (1995) and Sabrina (1995).
13. In The Princess Bride (1987), she is credited as ‘and introducing’ (Robin Wright), although that was not her first film.
14. In 1996 she starred in the film adaptation of Daniel Defoe’s Moll Flanders (1996), for which she received a Satellite Nomination for Best Actress in a Drama.
15. She went on to co-star with her husband in the film She’s So Lovely (1997), for which she was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Actress.
16. Robin Wright received her third Screen Actors Guild Award nomination for her role in the television film Empire Falls (2005).
17. Since 2013, Robin Wright has portrayed Claire Underwood, political mastermind Frank Underwood’s equally ruthless wife, in the Netflix series House of Cards.
18. On January 12, 2014, she won a Golden Globe for the role, becoming the first actress to win the award for an online-only web television series.
19. She is the Honorary Spokesperson for the Dallas, Texas-based non-profit The Gordie Foundation.
20. Robin Wright has also been an advocate for the Enough Project.
21. In 2014, she co-partnered with two California based companies; Pour Les Femmes and The SunnyLionThe SunnyLion donates a portion of its profits back to the Raise Hope For Congo Movement.
22. She is mentioned in the lyrics in the hit song “Palace & Main” by Sweden’s biggest rock band, Kent. “Jag skjuter allting framför mig som Robin Wright Penn gör i State of Grace,” which translates to “I push everything in front of me like Robin Wright Penn does in State of Grace (1990).”.
23. She was one of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World for the year of 2014.