Phoebe Tonkin is an Australian actress and model. She is best known for her role in The Originals series. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about her!
1.Her full name is Phoebe Jane Elizabeth Tonkin.
2. She was born in July 12, 1989.
3. Phoebe Tonkin was born in Sydney.
4. When she was four, she attended dance courses in classical ballet, hip hop, contemporary dance, and tap dance. At the age of 12, Tonkin began courses at the Australian Theatre for Young People (ATYP) at the Wharf Theatre.
5. Phoebe Tonkin graduated from Queenwood School for Girls.
6. Phoebe Tonkin has been dating The Vampire Diaries co-star Paul Wesley since September 2013.
7. In December 2005, Phoebe Tonkin was cast as the role of Cleo Sertori on the Australian children television series H2O: Just Add Water which follows the lives of three teenage girls who turn into mermaids.
8. Phoebe Tonkin improved on her swimming abilities during the pre-production of the series. The series premiered on 7 July 2006 on Network Ten and has since gone on to be aired to a worldwide audience of more than 250 million.
9. To promote the series she and her co-stars presented the best band award at the Nickelodeon UK Kids’ Choice Awards in October 2007.
10. In 2008, Tonkin was nominated for “Best Lead Actress in a Television Series” at the prestigious Australian Film Institute Awards.
11. Tonkin made her film debut starring in the Australian action ensemble film Tomorrow, When the War Began. In the film, which revolves around a group of teenagers waging a guerrilla war against an invading foreign power in their fictional hometown of Wirrawee, she played the role of the rich and uptight Fiona Maxwell.
12. In January 2011, Phoebe Tonkin moved to Los Angeles to pursue an international acting career.
13. She was cast in March 2011 as Faye Chamberlain on The CW supernatural drama series The Secret Circle.
14. In August 2010, Tonkin was cast in the 3D horror film Bait 3D.
15. In August 2012, Tonkin joined the cast of The CW television series, The Vampire Diaries, in the recurring role of Hayley, a friend of Tyler.
16. She joined her co-star from H2O: Just Add Water, Claire Holt, who portrays Rebekah Mikaelson on the show.
17. Phoebe Tonkin has appeared in a number of advertisements which include Vauxhall Motors and was previously signed to Chic Management.
18. Her modelling career includes shoots for Girlfriend, Teen Vogue, ELLE Australia, Miss Vogue Australia, Vogue Australia, Dolly and Free People.
19. Tonkin has also appeared in Miles Fisher’s music video “Don’t Let Go”.
20. In 2012 Tonkin opened a website about health with friend Teresa Palmer called YourZenLife.