Joseph Morgan is an English actor, best known for his role as Klaus Mikaelson in the Vampire Diaries series. Let’s see some fun facts and trivia about him.
1.He was born on May 16, 1981.
2. Joseph Morgan was born in London, but lived in Swansea for 11 years.
3. He is the oldest child in his family.
4. He was a student at Morriston Comprehensive School and then studied a BTEC Performing Arts course at Gorseinon College (now Gower College Swansea), before moving back to London to study at the Central School of Speech and Drama in his late teens.
5. Joseph Morgan starred in the first series of the Sky One Television Series Hex, as Troy.
6. He has appeared in supporting roles in films such as Alexander and Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World and the BBC Two television series The Line of Beauty.
7. He has also appeared in the television series Doc Martin and Casualty and co-starred in Mansfield Park alongside Billie Piper.
8. In 2010 he played the title role in the mini-series “Ben Hur” which first aired on CBC television in Canada and ABC TV in America, on 4 April 2010.
9. Joseph Morgan played Niklaus Mikaelson in The CW’s The Vampire Diaries, and played Lysander in the 2011 film Immortals, alongside Henry Cavill.
10. BuddyTV ranked him #84 on its list of “TV’s Sexiest Men of 2011”.
11. In January 2013, a back-door pilot for The Originals, a spin-off series of The Vampire Diaries, began airing with Morgan starring as Niklaus Mikaelson.
12. Joseph Morgan is a supporter of the charity Positive Women, including asking fans to donate to the cause to acknowledge his birthday.
13. On 15 May 2014, it was announced that he and his former The Vampire Diaries co-star Persia White were engaged, after dating since 2011.
14. They married on 5 July 2014 in Ocho Rios, Jamaica.
15. His first acting audition was for the character Tom Riddle (aka YOUNG VOLDEMORT) in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
16. Joseph’s best friend of almost 20 years is fellow actor Matt Ryan, who currently plays iconic comic book character John Constantine in NBC’sConstantine. Ryan was the best man when Joseph and Persia White were married in 2014, and the two co-starred as estranged brothers in the film500 Miles North.
17. His first celebrity crush was Natalie Imbruglia.
18. He’s a massive fan of The Walking Dead and admits it brings out his nitpicky fanboy side.