We all love useless knowledge. Which, in fact, is not so useless after all because you can open up all sorts of convos and be the “wise guy” of your squad! Check out these facts and be enlightened dear friend!
1. If you shuffle a pack of cards properly, chances are that exact order has never been seen before in the whole history of the universe.
2. Adults have fewer bones than a baby.
3. Humans can’t breathe and swallow at the same time.
4. There are about 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms in a human body.
5. There are about 86 billion neurons in an average human brain.
6. Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor. It supposedly takes about eight floors for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself.
7. Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every 2 weeks otherwise it will digest itself.
8. The citrus soda 7-UP was created in 1929; ‘7’ was selected after the original 7-ounce containers and ‘UP’ for the direction of the bubbles.
9. 101 Dalmatians, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, and Mulan are the only Disney cartoons where both parents are present and don’t die throughout the movie. .
10. A pig’s or***m lasts for 30 minutes.
11. ‘Stewardesses’ is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.
12. To escape the grip of a crocodile’s jaws, push your thumbs into its eyeballs – it will let you go instantly.
13. Reindeer like to eat bananas.
14. No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver and purple.
15. The word “samba” means “to rub belly buttons together.”
16. Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny) was allergic to carrots.
17. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
18. In 1912 a law passed in Nebraska where drivers in the country at night were required to stop every 150 yards, send up a skyrocket, wait eight minutes for the road to clear before proceeding cautiously, all the while blowing their horn and shooting off flares.
19. A ‘jiffy’ is a unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
20. The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin during World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
21. More people are killed annually by donkeys than airplane crashes.
22. Because of the rotation of the earth, an object can be thrown farther if it is thrown west.
23. A whale’s p***s is called a dork.
24. The average person spends 6 months of their life sitting at red lights.
25. The continents look entirely different than you think they do. The map you’re used to is more Western-focused and stretches out the size of continents near the poles. Africa and South America are actually way bigger.
26. If you believe that you’re truly one in a million, there are still approximately 7,184 more people out there just like you.
27. This one will drive you crazy! There are castles and even lighthouses that are less expensive than NYC apartments.
28. 10 percent of the entire world population is still illiterate. Nations such as Afghanistan only have a 28 percent literacy rate for the total population.
29. You thoroughly enjoy celebrating some pretty dark holidays. Labor Day was created as a bandaid to coverup multiple massacres of American workers. Columbus Day is named after a brutal tyrant whose history is largely a fraud. Thanksgiving is a sham celebration of Pilgrims and Native Americans coming together. Really, just don’t celebrate anything.
30. Our belly buttons are crawling with bacteria. The average person had 67 species swarming around in there.
31. Most lipstick contains fish scales!
32. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn’t wear pants!
33. There are more than 10 million bricks in the Empire State Building!
34. Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand!
35. The placement of a donkey’s eyes in its’ heads enables it to see all four feet at all times!
36. The average American/Canadian will eat about 11.9 pounds of cereal per year!
37. Over 1000 birds a year die from smashing into windows!
38. The state of Florida is bigger than England!
39. Dolphins sleep with one eye open!
40. In the White House, there are 13,092 knives, forks and spoons!
41. Recycling one glass jar, saves enough energy to watch T.V for 3 hours!
42. Owls are one of the only birds who can see the color blue!
43. You can’t see as many colors as a chicken. You’ll also never see all the beautiful colors of a rainbow.
44. Honeybees have a type of hair on their eyes!
45. A jellyfish is 95 percent water!
46. In Bangladesh, kids as young as 15 can be jailed for cheating on their finals!
47. The katydid bug hears through holes in its hind legs!
48. Q is the only letter in the alphabet that does not appear in the name of any of the United States!
49. 166,875,000,000 pieces of mail are delivered each year in the US.
50. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
51. The praying mantis is the only insect that can turn its head.
52. Daffy Duck’s middle name is “Dumas”.LOL.
53. In Disney’s Fantasia, the Sorcerer’s name is “Yensid” (Disney backwards.)
54. In “The Empire Strikes Back there is a potato hidden in the asteroid field
55. Walt Disney holds the world record for the most Academy Awards won by one person, he has won twenty statuettes, and twelve other plaques and certificates.
56. James Bond’s car had three different license plates in Goldfinger.
57. We haven’t figured out the secret to immortality, but the jellyfish has. The Turritopsis nutricula can live forever by reverting back to its early stage of life after becoming sexually mature. Although immortality may not be a real possibility for humans just yet, it is good to know that the basic idea isn’t just science fiction.
58. Ever suddenly feel like you’re being watched? Well, you probably are! Your brain has a primal gaze detection system, which ca sense when someone is looking straight at you or slightly to the left or right of you.
59. The avergae person will shed almost 20 kgs (40 lbs) of skin in their lifetime.
60. If you have trouble sleeping in unfamiliar surroundings, it might be a case of your brain trying to protect you. The “first night effect” is a situation which by your brain puts itself in a “half awake” state, to protect you from potential dangers in your new environment.