Tina Knowles is an American businesswoman and fashion designer, mother of Beyonce and Solange. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about her!
1.Her full name is Célestine “Tina” Beyincé-Lawson.
2. She was born January 4, 1954.
3. Tina Knowles was born Célestine Ann Beyincé in Galveston, Texas.
4. She is the daughter of Lumis Albert Beyincé and Agnes Derouen, the youngest of seven children.
5. Her ancestry is Louisiana Creole of color. Her family roots are from Iberia Parish, Louisiana.
6. She is a descendant of Acadian leader Joseph Broussard.
7. She married Mathew Knowles on January 5, 1980 in Galveston, Texas.
8. She filed for divorce from Mathew Knowles in 2009, stating “discord or conflict of personalities” which prevented them from “reasonable expectation of reconciliation” as the reason.
9. The divorce was finalized in December 2011.
10. Tina Knowles has two grandchildren; granddaughter Blue Ivy Carter from Beyoncé and grandson Daniel Julez J. Smith, Jr from Solange.
11. While in high school, Tina Knowles was part of a singing group called the Veltones, inspired by The Supremes.
12. Tina Knowles started dating actor Richard Lawson in the summer of 2013.
13. The couple were married on April 12, 2015.
14. This marriage made her stepmother to Lawson’s daughter, actress Bianca Lawson.
15. Tina Knowles started her career at 19 when she relocated to California to work as a makeup artist for Shiseido.
16. However, she returned home when her parents fell ill.
17. Tina Knowles worked as a beautician until 1990 when she opened the salon Headliners, located in Houston.
18. The salon went on to become one of the most famous hair businesses in Houston.
19. Tina’s rise to prominence came as costume designer for Destiny’s Child. In the early days of her daughter’s career, when money was limited, she created outfits that the members wore on-stage and to events.
20. In 2002, she published a book titled Destiny’s Style: Bootylicious Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Secrets From Destiny’s Child in which she discussed how fashion affected Destiny’s Child’s success. The book was published through the company HarperCollins.
21/ In 2004, Tina Knowles launched the clothing line House of Deréon alongside Beyoncé named after Agnes Deréon.
22. On November 22, 2010, Knowles appeared with Beyoncé on The View to promote her clothing line called “Miss Tina by Tina Knowles”.
23. In 2009, she expanded the line to Walmart after it was previously being sold on the Home Shopping Network.
24. Discussing her style of designing for the line, Knowles revealed she aimed to “hide flaws and create a slimming silhouette”, adding, “Everything is created like a foundation garment, even the dresses. The pieces are designed to make the woman look leaner and taller.”
25. In early 2010, Tina Knowles again collaborated with Beyoncé to open the Beyoncé Cosmetology Center at the Phoenix House in Brooklyn