Salvador Sobral is a Portuguese singer.
Let’s see some fun facts about him!
1. Salvador Vilar Braamcamp Sobral was born 28 December 1989 in Lisbon where he lived most of his life.
2. He also lived in the United States.
3. At the age of ten years he participated in the TV programme Bravo Bravíssimo, and at 20 he was one of the ten finalists of Ídolos, the Portuguese version of Pop Idol.
4. As a finalist of this competition he sang music by Stevie Wonder, Leonard Cohen and Rui Veloso.
5. As an Erasmus student – he studied Psychology in the Instituto Superior de Psicologia Aplicada, in Lisbon —, Salvador moved to Mallorca, where he started singing in bars.
6. After he left the Psychology program, he applied to the Taller of Musics, a music school in Barcelona, where he finished his studies in 2014.
7. In 2015 he participated in Vodafone Mexefest and in EDP Cool Jazz festivals.
8. In 2016 he released his first album, Excuse me.
9. Salvador Sobral is a fan of Chet Baker and Bossa Nova singers (Caetano Veloso, Chico Buarque).
10. Salvador has a health condition (reported to be a heart condition but this has not been confirmed) that meant he couldn’t leave Portugal in time for initial rehearsals.
11. During press conferences he frequently raises important international issues, such as the plight of refugees who are trying to make their way through Europe.