What have Jim Morrison, Oscar Wilde, Ingrid Bergman, Albert Einstein or Friedrich Nietzsche said about love?
1. Friends can help each other. A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself – and especially to feel. Or, not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at the moment is fine with them. That’s what real love amounts to – letting a person be what he really is.
2. Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.
3. Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.
4. Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.
5. Where there is love there is life.
6. I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.
8. A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.
9. Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.
10. We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving.