Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is an English model and actress.
Let’s find out fun facts about her!
1. Rosie Alice Huntington-Whiteley was born 18 April 1987 in Plymouth, Devon.
2. She is the daughter of Fiona (née Jackson), a fitness instructor, and Charles, a chartered surveyor.
3. She grew up on a farm near Tavistock, Devon.
4. Her paternal great-grandfather, Wing-Commander Eric Huntington-Whiteley JP, was from an aristocratic family, being the younger son of politician Sir Herbert Huntington-Whiteley, 1st Baronet; Eric’s wife, Rosie’s great-grandmother, Enid Kohn, was from a family of Polish Jews who emigrated to England in the 1870s.
5. Rosie’s paternal grandmother, Gillian, also from a Jewish family, was the daughter of Jacob Franks, a prominent surgeon in Sussex.
6. Educated at Tavistock College, she later revealed that she was bullied and teased at school for having a double-barrelled name, small breasts and full lips.
7. She is best known for her work for lingerie retailer Victoria’s Secret, formerly being one of their brand “Angels”, for being the face of Burberry’s 2011 brand fragrance “Burberry Body”, for her work with M&S, and, most recently, for her artistic collaboration with denim-focused fashion brand Paige.
8. Moving into acting, she became known for her supporting roles as Carly Spencer in the 2011 film Transformers: Dark of the Moon, the third installment in the Transformers film series, and as The Splendid Angharad in Mad Max: Fury Road (2015).
9. Since 2010, she has been in a relationship with actor Jason Statham.
10. In January 2016, her representative confirmed they had become engaged.
11. On February 9, 2017, she announced that she was pregnant with the couple’s first child.
12. They welcomed their son, Jack Oscar, on 24 June 2017.