Prince Harry is the younger son of Charles, Prince of Wales and Diana Princess of Wales. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about him!
1.His full name is Prince Henry of Wales, KCVO
2. He was born 15 September 1984)
3. At the time of his birth, he was third in the line of succession to succeed his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, but is currently fifth in line after his father, his older brother Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, and William’s children, George and Charlotte.
4. After an education at schools in the United Kingdom and spending parts of his gap year in Australia and Lesotho, Harry chose a military career, undergoing officer training at Royal Military Academy Sandhurst.
5. He was commissioned as a Cornet into the Blues and Royals of the Household Cavalry Regiment, serving temporarily with his brother, and completed his training as a troop leader. In 2007–2008, he served for 77 days in Helmand, Afghanistan, but was pulled out following publication of his presence there by an Australian magazine.
6. He returned to Afghanistan for a 20-week deployment in 2012–2013 with the Army Air Corps. He left the army in June 2015.
7. Prince Harry was born at St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington, London, on 15 September 1984 at 4:20 pm. He was baptised on 21 December 1984 at St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle, by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Robert Runcie.
8. His godparents are Prince Andrew (his paternal uncle), Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones (his paternal cousin once removed), Carolyn Bartholomew (née Pride), Bryan Organ, Gerald Ward (former officer in the Household Cavalry) and Celia, Lady Vestey (née Knight).
9. Diana wanted Harry and William to have a broader range of experiences than previous royal children and took them to venues that ranged from Disney World and McDonald’s to AIDS clinics and shelters for the homeless.
10. Prince Harry began to accompany his parents on official visits at an early age; his first overseas tour was with his parents to Italy in 1985.
11. Harry’s parents divorced in 1996, and his mother died following a car accident in Paris the following year.
12. Harry and William were staying with their father at Balmoral at the time, and the Prince of Wales told his sons about their mother’s death.
13. At his mother’s funeral, Harry, then 12, accompanied his father, brother, paternal grandfather, and maternal uncle, Earl Spencer, in walking behind the funeral cortège from Kensington Palace to Westminster Abbey
14. Like his father and brother, Harry was educated at independent schools.
15. He started at Jane Mynors’ nursery school and the pre-preparatory Wetherby School, both in London.
16. Following this, he attended Ludgrove School, and, after passing the entrance exams, was admitted to Eton College. The decision to place Harry at Eton went against the Windsor family convention of sending children to Gordonstoun (Harry’s grandfather, father, two uncles, and two cousins all attended); it did, however, see Harry follow in the Spencer family footsteps, as both Diana’s father and brother attended Eton.
17. In June 2003, Harry completed his education at Eton with two A-Levels, (achieving a grade B in art and D in geography) having decided to drop history of art after AS level.
18. He excelled in sports, particularly polo and rugby union. Passing two A-levels, Harry was eligible to apply for an officer commission in the British Army.
19.After school, Harry took a gap year, during which he spent time in Australia, working (as his father had done in his youth) on a cattle station and participating in the Young England vs Young Australia Polo Test Match.
20. He also travelled to Lesotho, where he worked with orphaned children and produced the documentary film The Forgotten Kingdom.
21. Prince Harry entered the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst on 8 May 2005, where he was known as Officer Cadet Wales, and joined the Alamein Company.
22. Within a year, in April 2006, Harry completed his officer training and was commissioned as a Cornet (second lieutenant) in the Blues and Royals, a regiment of the Household Cavalry in the British Army. He was given the service number 564673. On 13 April 2008, when he reached two years’ seniority, Harry was promoted to lieutenant.
23. Harry enjoys playing many sports, playing competitive polo, skiing, and motocross.
24. He is a supporter of Arsenal Football Club.
25. Harry is also a keen Rugby Union fan and supported England’s bid to host the 2015 Rugby World Cup.
26. Prince Harry earned a reputation in his youth for being rebellious, leading the tabloid press to label him a “wild child”.
27. He was seen at age 17 smoking cannabis and partaking in under-age drinking with his friends, clashing physically with paparazzi outside nightclubs, and was photographed at Highgrove House at a “Colonial and Native” themed costume party wearing a Nazi German Afrika Korps uniform with a swastika armband.
28. He later issued a public statement apologising for his behaviour.
29. While on holiday in Las Vegas in August 2012, Harry and an unknown young woman were photographed naked in a Wynn Las Vegas hotel room, reportedly during a game of strip billiards. The pictures were leaked by American celebrity website TMZ on 21 August 2012, and reported worldwide by mainstream media on 22 August 2012.
30. The photographs were shown by the American media but British media were reluctant to publish them – royal aides suggested that Clarence House would contact the Press Complaints Commission (PCC) if the pictures were used by British publications.
31. St James’s Palace confirmed that Harry was in the photographs, saying that he was essentially a victim of sexting in a private moment, and contacted the Press Complaints Commission upon hearing that a number of British newspapers were considering publishing the photographs. On 24 August 2012, The Sun newspaper published the photographs.
32. Polls conducted in the United Kingdom in November 2012 showed Harry to be the third most popular member of the Royal Family, after William and the Queen.
33. There have been rumours that Harry is the son of James Hewitt, with whom his mother had an affair.
34. In response, Hewitt and Diana’s police bodyguard have stated that Harry was born before the affair began.
35. In May 2012, Harry was introduced to Cressida Bonas, granddaughter of Edward Curzon, 6th Earl Howe, by his cousin Princess Eugenie. On 30 April 2014, it was announced that the couple had parted amicably