Patrick Stump is an American singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, actor, and music critic.
Let’s see some interesting facts about him!
1. Patrick Martin Stumph was born April 27, 1984 in Evanston, Illinois.
2. His parents are David, a folk singer, and Patricia Stumph, an accountant.
3. He is the youngest of three children.
4. He grew up in Glenview, Illinois and attended Glenbrook South High School.
5. His parents divorced when he was eight years old.
6. He grew up with a passion for music, later stating, “I was always playing music… it was always kind of present.”
7. He originally played the drums in various local Chicago power violence and hardcore punk bands, including Public Display Of Affection, Xgrinding processX, Patterson, and, for two shows, Arma Angelus.
8. His musical idols growing up included Michael Jackson, Elvis Costello, Tom Waits, and Nat King Cole.
9. He is the lead vocalist, rhythm guitarist, pianist and composer for the rock band Fall Out Boy, originally from Wilmette, Illinois.
10. His solo work has been described as “funky and R&B infused”, while Billboard noted him as “one of the best voices in pop punk”.
11. Fall Out Boy achieved four top ten singles on the US Billboard Hot 100 and their 2007 album Infinity on High was their first to reach No. 1 on the Billboard 200, with two more hitting the top spot in 2013 and 2015.
12. Stump has collaborated with other artists (including Damnation A.D. and Timbaland) and has produced albums for artists including Cobra Starship and Gym Class Heroes.
13. After Fall Out Boy’s hiatus in late 2009, Stump released his debut solo album, Soul Punk, on October 18, 2011. It was preceded by the six-song EP titled Truant Wave on February 22, 2011.
14. He toured in the US and Europe in support.
15. He returned to Fall Out Boy in 2013 with the album Save Rock and Roll, and the EP PAX AM Days.
16. In January 2015, the sixth album American Beauty/American Psycho was released.
17. Stump married his longtime girlfriend, Elisa Yao, in 2012. They live in Chicago together.
18. In March 2014 Stump sang ‘Let’s Get It On’, originally by Marvin Gaye, as the first dance at his step-brother’s, from his father’s second marriage, wedding.
19. Stump announced in September 2014 on KIIS-FM radio he and his wife were expecting their first child. On October 13, 2014, they welcomed their first child, Declan.
20. Stump lost 65 pounds when Fall Out Boy went on hiatus, due in part to growing health issues, including asthma and pre-diabetes, with which he was diagnosed. He suffered from high cholesterol and high blood pressure as well.
21. In 2012 Stump was elected a member of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences’s Chicago Chapter Governors.