Miley Cyrus is an American singer, songwriter and actress. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about it!
1.Her full name is Destiny Hope Cyrus.
2. She was born on November 23, 1992.
3. After playing minor roles in the television series Doc and the film Big Fish in her childhood, she became a teen idol starring as the character Miley Stewart in the Disney Channel television series Hannah Montana in 2006.
4. Her father Billy Ray Cyrus also starred in the show. She subsequently signed a recording contract with Hollywood Records.
5. Her debut studio album Meet Miley Cyrus (2007) was certified triple-platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) having shipped over three million units.
6. She released her second album Breakout and launched her film career as a voice actress in the animated film Bolt in 2008.
7. Miley Cyrus starred in the feature film Hannah Montana: The Movie, and began cultivating a more mature image with her EP The Time of Our Lives in 2009.
8. In 2010, she released her third album Can’t Be Tamed, which stands as the lowest-selling record of her career, and starred in the coming-of-age film The Last Song.
9. Miley Cyrus focused on her acting career with several television and film appearances in 2011 and 2012.
10. Her sexually explicit behavior generated widespread controversy while promoting her fourth album Bangerz (2013), her first under her recording contract with RCA Records.
11. Cyrus’ independently-released fifth studio album Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz (2015) deviated from her traditional pop style for more psychedelic experimentation. In 2016, she was a coach for the eleventh season of the singing competition series The Voice.
12. With Bangerz, Cyrus achieved her third number-one album on the U.S. Billboard 200, and fifth overall including Hannah Montana soundtrack albums.
13. She has logged seven top 10 entries on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 with: “See You Again”, “7 Things”, “The Climb”, “Party in the U.S.A.”, “Can’t Be Tamed”, “We Can’t Stop” and the chart-topping “Wrecking Ball”.
14. Cyrus has earned numerous awards and nominations, as Billboard ranked her as the fourth best-selling female artist of 2009. She was ranked number thirteen on Forbes’ Celebrity 100 in 2010, and in 2013 was declared “Artist of the Year” by MTV.
15. She has been included on the Time 100 list of most influential people in 2008 and 2014.
16. Destiny Hope Cyrus was born November 23, 1992, in Franklin, Tennessee, to Leticia Jean “Tish” Cyrus (née Finley) and singer Billy Ray Cyrus.
17. Cyrus was born with supraventricular tachycardia, a condition which causes an abnormal resting heart rate.
18. Her birth name, Destiny Hope, reflects her parents’ belief that she would accomplish great things, and she was given the nickname “Smiley”, later shortened to “Miley”, because she often smiled as an infant.She changed her name to Miley Ray Cyrus; her middle name honors her grandfather, Democratic politician Ronald Ray Cyrus.
19. Against the advice of her father’s record company, Cyrus’s parents secretly married on December 28, 1993, a year after her birth.
20. They had two more children together, son Braison and daughter Noah.
21. From previous relationships, her mother has two other children, Trace and Brandi, while her father has a son named Christopher, who grew up with his mother, Kristin Luckey, in South Carolina.
22. Four of her siblings eventually entered the entertainment business: Trace as a vocalist and guitarist for the electronic pop band Metro Station, Noah as an actress, Braison as a fashion model, and Brandi as a journalist.
23. Cyrus’ godmother is entertainer Dolly Parton.
24. Cyrus grew up on a 500-acre (200 ha) farm in Franklin, and attended Heritage Elementary School.
25. While working on Hannah Montana, she enrolled at Options for Youth Charter Schools[ and studied with a private tutor on set.
26. Raised a Christian, she was baptized in a Southern Baptist church before moving to Hollywood in 2005. She attended church regularly while growing up and wore a purity ring.
27. In 2001, when Cyrus was eight, she and her family moved to Toronto, Canada while her father filmed the television series Doc.
28.Cyrus has cited artists such as: Madonna, Dolly Parton, Timbaland, Joan Jett, Lil Kim, Shania Twain, Hanson, Britney Spears as influences
20. Cyrus specifically credits Britney Spears as her biggest inspiration, and references the singer in her song “Party in the U.S.A.” (2009).
30. Since the start of her musical career, Cyrus has been described as being predominantly a pop artist. Her Hannah Montana 2: Meet Miley Cyrus debut studio effort was characterized as sounding similar to her releases as “Hannah Montana” featuring a pop-rock and bubblegum pop sound.
31. Cyrus hoped that the release of Breakout (2008) would help distance her from this sound; the project features Cyrus experimenting with various genres.
32. Cyrus co-wrote eight songs for the album, and was quoted as saying: “I just hope this record showcases that, more than anything, I’m a writer.” The songs on her early releases feature lyrics on the topics of love and relationships.
33. Miley Cyrus is an alto,with a “Nashville twang” in both her speech and singing voice.
34. On “Party in the U.S.A.” (2009), her vocals feature belter refrains, while those on the song “Obsessed” (2009) are described as “husky”.
35. Releases such as “The Climb” (2009) and “These Four Walls” (2008) feature elements of country music and showcase Cyrus’s “twangy vocals”.
36. Cyrus experiments with an electropop sound on “Fly on the Wall” (2008), a genre that she would explore further with the release of Can’t Be Tamed (2010), her third studio album. It was initially intended to feature rock music elements prior to its completion,and Cyrus claimed after its release that it could be her final pop album.
37. The album’s songs speak of Cyrus’ desire to achieve freedom in both her personal life and her career. She began working on Bangerz (2013) during a musical hiatus, and described the project as having a “dirty south feel” prior to its release. Critics noted the use of hip hop music and synthpop in the album.
38. The album’s songs are placed in chronological order telling the story of her failed relationship with Liam Hemsworth Cyrus described Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz (2015) as “a little psychedelic, but still in that pop world”
39. Cyrus was chosen by Time as one of their finalists for Person of the Year in November 2013.
40. She came in third place with 16.3% of the vote.
41. In March 2014, Skidmore College, New York started offering a special topics sociology course entitled “The Sociology of Miley Cyrus: Race, Class, Gender and Media” which was “using Miley as a lens through which to explore sociological thinking about identity, entertainment, media and fame”.
42. In 2015, Cyrus was listed as one of the nine runners-up for The Advocate’s Person of the Year.
43. Cyrus came out as pansexual to her mother when she was 14, and has said: “I never want to label myself! I am ready to love anyone that loves me for who I am! I am open.”
44. In June 2015, Time reported that she also identifies as gender fluid.
45. She is the founder of the Happy Hippie Foundation, which works to “fight injustice facing homeless youth, LGBTQ youth and other vulnerable populations”.
46. Cyrus is open about her recreational use of cannabis.
47. She told Rolling Stone in 2013 that it was “the best drug on earth” and called it, along with MDMA, a “happy drug”.
48. While accepting the Best Video award at the 2013 MTV Europe Music Awards, Cyrus smoked what appeared to be a joint on stage; this was removed from the delayed broadcast of the program in the United States.