Michelle Obama is the former first Lady of the United States of America.
A lot of American citizens and people all around the world, adore Michelle Obama and I mean, come on! Why wouldn’t they? She is well spoken, a gorgeous woman and she has a smile that could take your heart away.
These are some simple facts you should know about her life!
- Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama is her full name.
- She was born on January 17, 1964.
- Chicago, Illinois is the place she was born in.
- By sixth grade, Michelle joined a gifted class at Bryn Mawr Elementary School (later renamed Bouchet Academy).
- She attended Whitney Young High School, Chicago’s first magnet high school.
- She graduated in 1981 as the salutatorian of her class.
- Her brother was her inspiration when it came to college, so followed him to Princeton University.
- While at Princeton, Robinson got involved with the Third World Center (now known as the Carl A. Fields Center), an academic and cultural group that supported minority students. She ran their day care center, which also offered after school tutoring for older children.
- She majored in sociology and minored in African-American studies, graduating cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in 1985.
- In 1988, she earned her her Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from Harvard Law School .
- She worked for the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau, assisting low-income tenants with housing cases.
- She is the third First Lady with a postgraduate degree, after her two immediate predecessors, Hillary Clinton and Laura Bush.
- Michelle met Barack Obama when they were among the few African Americans at their law firm, Sidley Austin LLP.
- Her first date with Barack Obama was to Spike Lee’s 1989 movie Do the Right Thing.
- Michelle married Barack on October 3, 1992.
- She continues to hold her law license, but as she no longer needs it for her work. How cool would it be to call her your laywer?
- During her early months as First Lady, Obama visited homeless shelters and soup kitchens.
- In February 2018, Obama announced that her memoir Becoming will be released on November 13, 2018.Go get your copy!
- A lot of rumors wanted Michelle to be running for president of th U.S.A in 2020 but Barack Obama stated the she would not be running for president.
- Michelle Obam has been compared to Jacqueline Kennedy due to her sense of style but we think she has a great style of her one and we love it!
- In August 2011, she became the first woman ever to appear on the cover of Better Homes and Gardens magazine, and the first person in 48 years.
- At the 2013 Academy Awards, she became the first First Lady to announce the winner of an Oscar.
- She became a fashion trendsetter, in particular favoring sleeveless dresses, including her first-term official portrait in a dress by Michael Kors, and her ball gowns designed by Jason Wu for both inaugurals.
- As First Lady, Obama served as a role model for women, and worked as an advocate for poverty awareness, education, nutrition, physical activity and healthy eating.
- Michelle Obama undertook her first lead role in an administration-wide initiative, which she named “Let’s Move! in January 2010.