Melania Trump is a Slovene American former model who is married to American businessman and designated 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about her!
1.Melania Trump was born on April 26,1970.
2. Melania Trump was born in Novo Mesto in southeastern Slovenia (then part of Yugoslavia) on April 26, 1970.
3. She is the daughter of Amalija (née Ulčnik) and Viktor Knavs, who managed car and motorcycle dealerships for a state-owned vehicle manufacturer, and was a member of the Slovenian Communist Party.
4. Her father was from the nearby town of Radeče.
5. Her mother came from the village of Raka, and was a patternmaker at the children’s clothing manufacturer Jutranjka in Sevnica.
6. Melania has a sister, Ines, and an older half-brother, whom she reportedly has never met, from her father’s previous relationship.
7. She grew up in a modest apartment in a concrete housing block in Sevnica, in Slovenia’s Lower Sava Valley.
10. When she was a teenager, the family moved to a two-story house near Sevnicam and used a high-rise apartment in Ljubljana.
11. Melania Trump attended the Secondary School of Design and Photography in Ljubljana and studied at the University of Ljubljana for one year before dropping out.
12. She speaks five languages: her native Slovenian, Serbian, English, French, and German.
13. She, through her lawyer Michael Wildes, has indicated that she first entered the United States on a business visitor visa in August 1996.
14. She obtained an H-1B visa in October 1996.
15. After that, she regularly returned to Slovenia to obtain a series of four more one-year work visas because, at the time, one-year visas were all that were permitted under the U.S. agreement with Slovenia. She obtained a green card and became a lawful permanent resident in 2001, applying as a model of “extraordinary ability”.
16. She obtained U.S. citizenship in 2006, the year after her marriage.
17. In November 2016 the Associated Press reported that Trump was paid $20,056 for 10 modeling jobs in the United States in 1996 before she had legal permission to work in the country. According to Wildes, the documents on which AP relied “have not been verified, [and] do not reflect our records including corresponding passport stamps.”
18. Melania Trump began her modeling career at age 16, when she posed for the Slovenian fashion photographer Stane Jerko.
19. At 18, she signed with a modeling agency in Milan, Italy.
20. She was named runner-up in the 1992 Jana Magazine “Look of the Year” contest, held in Ljubljana, which promised its top three contestants an international modeling contract.
21. After attending the University of Ljubljana and leaving after her freshman year, she worked as a model for fashion houses in Milan and Paris, before relocating to New York City in 1996,her contract and visa negotiated by Italian businessman Paolo Zampolli.
22. She subsequently appeared on the covers of Harper’s Bazaar (Bulgaria), Ocean Drive, In Style Weddings, New York Magazine, Avenue, Allure, Vanity Fair (Italy), Vogue (following her marriage to Donald Trump), and GQ (UK).
23. She was featured as a bikini model in the 2000 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
24. As a model, she was associated with Irene Marie Management Group and Donald Trump’s Trump Model Management.
25. In the 2000s, she appeared in an advertisement for Aflac insurance in which she and the Aflac mascot, a duck, voiced at the time by comedian Gilbert Gottfried, exchange personalities via a Frankenstein-like mad experiment.
26. After moving to New York City in 1996, Melania met Donald Trump at a Fashion Week party in New York City in September 1998, while he was still married to, but separated from, Marla Maples; Donald attended the event with another date, Celina Midelfart, and Melania initially refused to give Donald her phone number.
27. Melania Trump broke off the relationship shortly after it began, but the couple reconciled after a few months.
28. Their relationship gained attention after a 1999 interview on The Howard Stern Show.
29. In 2000, Melania appeared with Donald while he campaigned for that year’s Reform Party presidential nomination.
30. Their relationship gained additional publicity after the 2004 launch of Donald’s business-oriented reality television show, The Apprentice.
31. After becoming engaged in 2004, Donald and Melania were married on January 22, 2005, at The Episcopal Church of Bethesda-by-the-Sea in Palm Beach, Florida, followed by a reception in the ballroom at Donald’s Mar-a-Lago estate.
32. The event was attended by celebrities such as Katie Couric, Matt Lauer, Rudy Giuliani, Heidi Klum, Star Jones, P. Diddy, Shaquille O’Neal, Barbara Walters, Conrad Black, Regis Philbin, Simon Cowell, Kelly Ripa, then-Senator Hillary Clinton, and former president Bill Clinton.
33. At the reception, Billy Joel serenaded the crowd with “Just the Way You Are” and supplied new lyrics about Trump to the tune of “The Lady Is a Tramp”.
34. The Trumps’ wedding ceremony and reception were widely covered by the media.
35, Melania Trump wore a $200,000 dress made by John Galliano of the house of Christian Dior.
36. In March 2006, Melania gave birth to a son named Barron William Trump. Donald suggested his first name and Melania his middle name.
37. As an infant, Barron reportedly occupied his own floor in the Trumps’ apartment in Trump Tower in Manhattan, but often slept in a crib in his parents’ bedroom.
38. He plays golf with his father and is reported to be fluent in Slovene. He is said to like wearing a suit and tie, and Melania’s nickname for him is “Mini-Donald”
39. An anti-Donald Trump PAC in March 2016 published an attack ad featuring a nude photo of Trump that was published in 2000 as part of a British GQ magazine photoshoot.
40. The photograph shows her handcuffed to a briefcase, lying on a fur blanket aboard Donald Trump’s private jet.
41.On July 18, 2016, Trump gave a speech on the first day of the 2016 Republican National Convention. The speech contained a paragraph that was nearly identical to a paragraph of Michelle Obama’s speech at the 2008 Democratic National Convention.
42. Her height is 5”11 (1.80 metres)