Meghan Markle is an American actress and humanitarian, best known for her television role as Rachel Zane on Suits. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about her!
1.Her first name is Rachel.
2. She was born on August 4, 1981.
3. Meghan Markle was born and raised in Los Angeles County, California.
4.Meghan Markle is of mixed race, and self-identifies as such. Her dad is Caucasian and her mom is African American. Her father is of Dutch and Irish descent.
5. Her mother, Doria, has a master’s degree in social work and works as a yoga instructor and clinical therapist.
6. Her father is Emmy Award winner Thomas W. Markle, whose profession—director of photography—resulted in his daughter spending many years as a child visiting the set of Married… with Children.
7. At age 11, she wrote a letter to then First Lady Hillary Clinton and other high-profile figures complaining that a soap advertisement implied women belonged in the kitchen.
8. The soap’s manufacturer was forced to alter the advertisement after Markle’s complaint
9. From age five, Markle was educated at private schools; firstly at Hollywood Little Red Schoolhouse, and from the age of twelve, at the private Immaculate Heart High School, an all-girls, independent Roman Catholic high school in Los Angeles.
10. She then graduated in 2003 with a double major in theater and international relations from Northwestern University.
11. To support herself between early acting jobs, Markle worked as a freelance calligrapher.
12. She appeared in Fox’s series Fringe as Junior Agent Amy Jessup in the first two episodes of its second season.
13. Since July 2011 she has played paralegal Rachel Zane, on the USA Network show Suits.
14. Meghan Markle appeared in two 2010 films, Get Him to the Greek and Remember Me and one 2011 film, Horrible Bosses.
15. She appeared in the short film The Candidate (seen on the KQED public television show ImageMakers: the Company of Men) as a secretary in 2012.
16. In 2002, Markle appeared in an episode of the daytime soap opera, General Hospital.
17. She has also appeared in episodes of Century City, Cuts, Love, Inc., The War at Home, 90210, Knight Rider, Without a Trace, The Apostles, CSI: NY, The League, Castle and Suits. Markle has also made appearances in the films A Lot Like Love and Deceit.
18. Meghan Markle is the founder and editor-in-chief of lifestyle site The Tig.
19. In November 2016, Markle and Canadian clothing company Reitmans released a line of reasonably priced women’s fashion workwear.
20. In 2016 she became the Global Ambassador for World Vision Canada, traveling to Rwanda for the Clean Water Campaign.
21. She has also worked with the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women as an Advocate,making a presentation at the UN for the HeforShe gender-equality campaign in September 2014.
22. She traveled to Afghanistan with the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff on a USO tour in December 2014.
23. Meghan Markle was a Counsellor for the international charity One Young World, speaking at the annual summit in Dublin (2014) on the topics of gender equality and modern-day slavery.
24. She also attended the Ottawa summit in 2016.
25.Meghan Markle is a self-proclaimed foodie, which was incorporated into her Suits character Rachel Zane.
26.Meghan Markle married Trevor Engelson on September 10, 2011, after having dated since 2004.
27. The couple split in May 2013, divorcing in August 2013
28. It was reported in November 2016 that Markle had waived her right to financial support from Engelson.
29. On November 8, 2016, Kensington Palace confirmed Markle was “a few months” into a relationship with Prince Harry in a statement from the prince asking for the media harassment of Meghan and her family to end.
30. Her height is 1,71 metres.