Maluma is a Colombian singer and songwriter. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about him!
1.His full name is Juan Luis Londoño Arias.
2. He was born 28 January 1994.
3. Maluma began his musical career in 2010, recording singles.
4. After “Farandulera” became a local radio hit, Sony Music and its subsidiary label Sony Music Colombia decided to sign the singer to record his first studio album.
5. The label then launched the next single, “Loco,” which was inspired by “rampant and uncontrolled love.”
6. In 2012, Maluma released his first studio album, titled Magia.
7. The video for the single “Obsesión” was filmed at the Antioquia Department Railway Station and featured Colombian model Lina Posada, who had previously appeared in the music video for the song “Taboo” (2011) by Don Omar. So far the video has more than 150 million views on YouTube.
8. Other singles released from the album include “Miss Independent” and “Pasarla Bien,” which reached the top 3 of Colombia’s chart National-Report and became the first top 5 song on that list.
9. Maluma was also nominated for a 2012 Shock Award as “Best New Artist.”
10. The final two singles from his debut album, “Primer Amor” and “Miss Independent”; the latter was accompanied with a music video, recorded in Medellín, gathering more than 35 million views on YouTube
11. “La Temperatura”, featuring Puerto Rican singer Eli Palacios, was released as the first single from his upcoming second studio album; it reached number seven on the National-Report charts.
12. It became his first single to enter the US charts for the Latin audience by Billboard; it also reached number 38 on the Tropical Songs chart, number 36 on Latin Pop Airplay, and 46 on Latin Rhythm Airplay
13. In 2014, he released music videos for the tracks “La Curiosidad”, “Addicted” and “Carnaval
14”. He also collaborated with singers Elvis Crespo, on the theme “Olé Brazil” recorded for the World Cup tournament. In early 2015, Maluma released the mixtape PBDB, a compilation of singles
15. His second album Pretty Boy, Dirty Boy was released in late 2015, containing elements of reggaeton, pop and urban music. The singles “Borró Cassette”, “El Perdedor” and “Sin Contrato” entered the top 10 on Billboard Hot Latin Songs.
16. On July 16, 2014, he was confirmed as a judge/coach on Caracol Television’s The Voice Kids, alongside Fanny Lu and Andrés Cepeda. In August, he made his debut as a host at the inaugural awards Kids’ Choice Awards Colombia of 2014.
17. In 2016, he collaborated with artists Thalía, Ricky Martin and Shakira. He embarked on The Pretty Boy, Dirty Boy World Tour in May 2016.
18. His single “Felices los 4” became his fifth top 5 on the Hot Latin Songs chart
19. In 2013, Maluma was nominated for several awards, including for MTV Europe Music Award for Best Latin America Central Act at the 2013 MTV EMAs, and the Latin Grammy Award for Best New Artistas well as a win for “Best Radio Song” at the 2013 Shock Awards for “La Temperatura”.
20. In 2017, Maluma was nominated for two categories at the Billboard Music Awards including Top Latin Artist