Mackenzie Foy is starring in the upcoming movie The Nutcracker and the Four Realms and we can’t wait to see her ethereal presence on the big screen.
These are some facts you should know!
- The actress was born on born November 10, 2000.
- She was born in and raised in Los Angeles.
- Her middle name is Christine.
- Her father, a truck driver, and mother, a homemaker, had no connections to the film industry but she still tried to pursue a career in the industry.
- She began modeling at the age of 3.
- At the age of 9 she pursued a career in acting.
- She began modeling in print ads in 2004, working for Garnet Hill, Polo Ralph Lauren and Guess.
- She started acting when she guest-starred in television shows such as ‘Til Death, FlashForward and Hawaii Five-0.
- In 2010, she was cast as Renesmee Cullen in the film adaptation of Stephenie Meyer’s book Breaking Dawn, the fourth and final novel in the Twilight saga series.
- In February 2012, she joined the cast of James Wan’s horror film The Conjuring.
- She was in the last episode of the second season of the horror TV series R. L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour, in which she played Natalie, a girl who goes to live with her grandfather and discovers that one of the dolls is alive and has bad intentions.
- In July 2018 it was announced that Foy would play Clara in the 2018 film The Nutcracker and the Four Realms.
- She received a Saturn Award for Best Performance by a Younger Actor for the movie Interstellar.
- She provided the voice of Celestine in the English dub of Ernest & Celestine (2012), Violet in The Boxcar Children (2014) and The Little Girl in The Little Prince (2015).