Kim Jong Un is the Chairman of the Workers’ Party of Korea and supreme leader of North Korea. Kim is the second child of Kim Jong-il (1941–2011) and Ko Yong-hui. Before taking power, Kim was rarely seen in public, and many of the activities of Kim and his government remain unknown. Even details such as what year he was born, and whether he did indeed attend a Western school under a pseudonym, are difficult to confirm.
1. He attended school in Switzerland secretly as “Pak Un”.
2. He sucked at maths.
3. Apparently, he was a big zero in his academics. He never passed any exams and stayed fascinated with basketball and computer games.
4. He is to this day, a huge basketball fan.
5. The situation went so bad that his father had to take him out of the International School of Berne and got him an admission in a state school, where he was put in a low-tier grade.
6. His headmistress introduced him to class 6 A as Pak Un from North Korea, and the son of a diplomat.
7. He was once caught with a bondage magazine in his school bag!
8. At 27, he underwent plastic surgery to allegedly resemble his grandfather Kim Il Sung.
9. At 29 years of age, The Onion newspaper announced him as the “Sexiest Man Alive” for the year 2012. “With his devastatingly handsome, round face, his boyish charm, and his strong, sturdy frame, this Pyongyang-bred heartthrob is every woman’s dream come true.”
10. Nobody knows his actual age. And he won’t tell either. They say he was born in either 1982, or 1983, or 1984.
11. He has a severe addiction to Swiss cheese.
12. North Korea government spends tens of thousands of pounds per year on Swiss cheese import to keep the Supreme leader satisfied while the country starves.
13. When his father passed away, he made sure that his death was grieved wholeheartedly by North Koreans
14. Also, those who didn’t go to the mourning events were reportedly being sentenced to labour camps for six months.
15. When an assistant chief of the Ministry of the People’s Armed Forces attended his father’s mourning drunk, he was punished by death!
16. He had his grieving uncle and aunt executed. Ok… (?)
17. His uncle was apparently first stripped naked and then thrown into a cage of ravenous dogs that finished him off. And it didn’t stop there. There were reports that he allegedly silenced his grieving aunt by means of poisoning because she was angry at her husband’s execution.
18. His haircut is pretty popular in the country and even has a name- “Ambitious!”. Needless to say, he cuts his hair by himself.
19. It was reported that male university students in North Korea were asked to copy his haircut!
20. One of the leader’s best friends is NBA-star Dennis Rodman, thanks to his serious basketball obsession.