Khloé Kardashian is an American television personality, socialite, model, businesswoman, and entrepreneur.
Let’s find out some fun facts about her!
1. Khloé Alexandra Kardashian was born June 27, 1984 in Los Angeles, California.
2. Her parents are Robert, an attorney, and Kris (née Houghton), a homemaker.
3. She has two older sisters Kourtney and Kim, and a younger brother Rob.
4. Their mother is of Dutch, English, Irish and Scottish ancestry, while their father was a third-generation Armenian American.
5. After their parents divorced in 1991, Houghton remarried to the 1976 Summer Olympics decathlon winner Caitlyn Jenner (then Bruce) in 1991.
6. Through their marriage, Kardashian gained step-brothers Burton “Burt”, Brandon, and Brody; step-sister Casey; and half-sisters Kendall and Kylie.
7. In 1994, her father garnered public attention as a defense lawyer for football player O.J. Simpson during his murder trial.
8. As a teenager, Kardashian briefly attended Marymount High School, a Roman Catholic all-girls school in Los Angeles.
9. She left the high school and enrolled in a home-based school after her sisters’ graduations, later saying “there was no reason for me to stay” since she “felt like I didn’t have any friends.” When she was seventeen years old, she earned a GED one year in advance of what would have been her ordinary graduation date – later saying she received the GED “with honors”.
10. In 2001, Kardashian suffered a traumatic brain injury in a car accident. She went through the windscreen and suffered a severe concussion, causing long-term memory loss.
11. On September 27, 2009, Kardashian married NBA basketball player Lamar Odom, who was a member of the Los Angeles Lakers at the time.
12. The couple were married exactly one month after they met at a party for Odom’s teammate Metta World Peace.
13. Following her marriage, Kardashian removed her middle name to include her married surname, becoming Khloé Kardashian Odom.
14. Kardashian adopted a pet boxer named Bernard “BHops” Hopkins, after the famous boxer.
15. On December 13, 2013, after months of speculated separation, Kardashian filed for divorce from Odom and for legal restoration of her last name. Divorce papers were signed by both parties in July 2015; The divorce had yet to receive final approval from a judge.
16. In October 2015, Odom was hospitalized after being found unconscious in a Nevada brothel, and was in a coma for four days; as he lay in a hospital, Kardashian withdrew her pending divorce petition.
17. In an interview with People Magazine, Kardashian confirmed that they had not reconciled and the divorce had been withdrawn so that she might make medical decisions on Odom’s behalf. Kardashian and Odom’s divorce was finalized in December 2016.
18. Kardashian is currently in a relationship with basketball player Tristan Thompson.
19. The couple resides in Cleveland, Ohio.
20. Kardashian supports the recognization of the Armenian Genocide and has visited the memorial of the victims in Yerevan, Armenia.
21. In April 2015, Kardashian accompanied her sister, Kim, and brother-in-law, Kanye West, to Jerusalem for the baptism of her niece, North, in the Armenian Apostolic Church at the Cathedral of St. James.
22. She was named North’s godmother during the ceremony.
23. On March 4, 2007, Kardashian was arrested for driving under the influence.
24. On July 18, 2008, Kardashian turned herself in and reported to jail to serve time for violation of probation. She faced a sentence of up to 30 days and enrollment in an alcohol treatment program within three weeks of her release from jail. She was released from jail fewer than three hours later due to overcrowding.