Gerald’s Game is a 1992 suspense novel by Stephen King.
Let’s see some facts about it!
1. The story is about a woman who accidentally kills her husband while she is handcuffed to a bed, and, following the subsequent realization that she is trapped with little hope of rescue, begins to let the voices inside her head take over.
2. The book is dedicated to King’s wife Tabitha and her sisters: “This book is dedicated, with love and admiration, to six good women: Margaret Spruce Morehouse, Catherine Spruce Graves, Stephanie Spruce Leonard, Anne Spruce Labree, Tabitha Spruce King, Marcella Spruce.”
3. In May 2014, Deadline.com reported that Mike Flanagan was set to direct a film adaptation.
4. In an interview with Rue Morgue in September 2016, Mike Flanagan said that the film adaptation would premiere on Netflix. He did not state when the film would premiere or whether Stephen King would be involved.
5. In October 2016, Deadline reported that Carla Gugino and Bruce Greenwood will star in the film as Jessie and Gerald Burlingame.
6. On October 17, 2016, Flanagan tweeted indicating the first day of production had begun.
7 .The movie premieres on Netflix on September 29th, 2017.
8. In related news, it was reported this month that King is in the process of regaining the movie rights to several of his classic stories, including The Dead Zone, Cujo, Children of the Corn, and Firestarter. This process will stop the rights to adapt these works from passing to another copyright holder, and will ensure that they are returned to King. This could potentially pave the way for more faithful versions.