Fergie is an American singer, songwriter and actress. She is the female vocalist for the hip hop group The Black Eyed Peas, with whom she has achieved chart success worldwide. Her debut solo album The Dutchess (2006) was a major commercial success on the charts and spawned three Billboard Hot 100 number one singles; “London Bridge”, “Glamorous” and “Big Girls Don’t Cry”.
Let’s find out some interesting facts about her!
1. Stacy Ann Ferguson was born March 27, 1975 in Hacienda Heights, California.
2. She is the daughter of devout Roman Catholic school teachers Theresa Ann and Jon Patrick Ferguson.
3. Her ancestry includes Irish, Scottish, English, Mexican (from a great-grandmother) and Native American.
4. She was raised Roman Catholic and attended Mesa Robles Middle School and Glen A. Wilson High School.
5. She was a cheerleader, straight-A student and spelling bee champion, as well as a Girl Scout.
6. She has one sister named Dana Ferguson. Her parents divorced when she was young.
7. Her career started appearing in commercials.
8. She attended her first concert at the tender age of 6 and it was to a Tina Turner concert.
9. Growing up as a kid, she was already a star in her own right. She played the voice of Sally in two Peanuts cartoons.
10. She was also smart and active at school. Fergie was a spelling bee champion and a Girl Scout.
11. In 1984, Fergie joined the cast of the Disney variety show Kids Incorporated, along with future stars Jennifer Love Hewitt and Mario Lopez.
12. She was in a cameo of Married with children in 1994.
13. She is quoted as saying that as a child she was so hyperactive, doctors wanted to put her on Ritalin until her mom vetoed the idea.
14. Five years after forming the girl group Wild Orchid with fellow Kids Incorporated alum Renee Sandstrom and childhood friend Stefanie Ridel, Fergie and her bandmates release their self-titled debut album.
15. In 1998, the group opens for ‘N Sync on a string of tour dates, where Fergie briefly dated Justin Timberlake. This was before he got serious with Britney Spears.
16. In 2001, she hit a low in her personal life. After experimenting with drugs in L.A.’s underground music scene, Fergie becomes a crystal meth addict. She shrunk to 90 lbs. and admits to friends and family that she has a problem. “I wasn’t liking who I was,” she tells PEOPLE in 2006. “So I stopped cold turkey and came clean with everybody.”
17. Ferguson has stated in several interviews that she is an avid user of hypnotherapy, which she used to overcome her crystal meth addiction and to relax.
18. She approached the Black Eyed Peas’s will.i.am that same year and asked him to work on her proposed solo album. He offers her an even sweeter deal, getting her to sing on the band’s upcoming single “Shut Up.”
19. Fergie is not an original member of the Black Eyed Peas band, she joined on the third album.
20. “When I first joined the [Peas], my uniform was Dickies and wife-beater tops,” Fergie said, according to Teen People. “One day, the guys said, ‘Fergie, it’s time for a skirt.’ I hadn’t worn one in three years.”
21. She got her ear pierced as a treat to herself after she quit using drugs.
22. After Fergie officially joins the band, the Black Eyed Peas release Elephunk, which goes triple platinum and turns the band into an international pop sensation in 2003. The record features such hits as “Let’s Get It Started,” “Hey Mama,” and “Where is the Love?”
23. She won a grammy with the Black Eyed Peas for best rap performance with “Don’t Phunk With Heart” in 2005 and best pop performance with “My Humps” in 2006.
24. While recording the Black Eyed Peas album Monkey Business, Fergie and her bandmates stayed at Sting’s farmhouse near London.
25. After her success in the music industry, she decides to take a break and return to acting. Fergie stars as a cruise-ship singer in the ocean-liner adventure Poseidon. The action flick costs more than $150 million to produce but earns just $20.3 million opening weekend.
26. In April 2007, she appears in the Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriguez horror-flick Grindhouse as a hitchhiker who meets a grim end.
27. She is the voice of Hippo Girlfriend in Madagascar 2.
28. She is one of the owners of the Miami Dolphins.
29. Fergie has been recognized for her good looks. She was selected as one of People magazine’s “50 Most Beautiful People in the World” in 2004. She reached number 10 in maxim magazine in a list of hot 100 women list (2007).
30. Fergie is 5’2” tall.
31. Ferguson began dating actor Josh Duhamel in September 2004, after she met him when she and the Black Eyed Peas filmed a cameo for an episode of Duhamel’s show Las Vegas. Ferguson and Duhamel became engaged in December 2007.
32. They married in a Catholic ceremony on January 10, 2009. They have one son, born August 2013.
33. In May 2009, Ferguson officially came out as bisexual in The Sun.
34. She likes to sleep in boxer shorts.
35. She was featured in David Guettta and Chris Willi’s video,”Gettin’ Over You”
36. In 2006, Fergie fulfilled a dream she had since her Wild Orchid days – making her own solo album. With The Dutchess, she reached the top of the charts with such hits as “London Bridge,” “Glamorous” and “Big Girls Don’t Cry.”
37. Her net worth is $45 million.