Dirty John is a new series and we already saw the first episode!
These are some facts about the series you should know:
- Dirty John is an American true crime anthology television series, based on the podcast of the same name by Christopher Goffard.
- The tv series premiered on November 25, 2018, on Bravo.
- The series was created and written by Alexandra Cunningham who also executive produces alongside Richard Suckle, Charles Roven, Mark Herzog, Christopher G. Cowen, and Chris Argentieri.
- Season one of Dirty John tells the story of “how a romance with the charismatic John Meehan spiraled into secrets, denial, manipulation, and ultimately, survival – with horrific consequences for an entire family.
- The main cast members are Connie Britton,Eric Bana,Juno Temple and Julia Garner.
- On January 28, 2018, it was announced that Bravo had given a series order to Dirty John.
- The series order was reportedly for two seasons in which Cunningham would executive produce alongside Richard Suckle, Charles Roven, Mark Herzog, Christopher G. Cowen and Christopher Argentieri.
- Production companies involved in the series were slated to include Universal Cable Productions, Los Angeles Times Studios, and Atlas Entertainment.
- On August 24, 2018, a “first look” still image from the series was released featuring Connie Britton and Eric Bana in character as Debra Newell and John Meehan, respectively.
- On October 8, 2018, the official trailer for the series was released.
- On November 13, 2018, the series held its official premiere at NeueHouse Hollywood in Los Angeles, California featuring a screening of the series.
- A red carpet arrival was originally scheduled to take place before the screening but it was canceled out of respect for the victims of the Woolsey Fire which was still burning in the Los Angeles and Ventura counties.