Caitlyn Jenner formerly known as Bruce Jenner, is an American television personality and retiredOlympic gold medal-winning decathlete. Jenner was a college football player for the Graceland Yellowjackets before incurring a knee injury requiring surgery.
Discover more facts about her, here!
1. Caitlyn Jenner was born- as William Bruce Jenner- October 28, 1949, in Mount Kisco, New York.
2. Her parents were Esther Ruth and William Hugh Jenner.
3. Her father was an arborist.
4. She has two sisters, Lisa and Pam.
5. Her younger brother, Burt, was killed in a car accident in Canton, Connecticut, in 1976, shortly after Jenner’s success at the Olympic Games.
6. As a young child, Jenner was diagnosed with dyslexia.
7. She attended Sleepy Hollow High School in Sleepy Hollow, New York for her freshman and sophomore years and Newtown High School in Newtown, Connecticut for her junior and senior years, graduating in 1968.
8. Jenner earned a football scholarship and attended Graceland College (now Graceland University) in Lamoni, Iowa, but was forced to stop playing football because of a knee injury.
9. Recognizing Jenner’s potential, a switch to the decathlon was encouraged by Graceland track coach L. D. Weldon.
10. Jenner debuted in the decathlon at the Drake Relays in Des Moines,Iowa in 1970, placing fifth.
11. Jenner graduated from Graceland College in 1973 with a degree in physical education.
12. After intense training, Jenner won the 1976 Olympics decathlon title at the Montreal Summer Olympics, gaining fame as “an all-American hero”.
13. Jenner set a third successive world record while winning the Olympics. The winner of the Olympic decathlon is traditionally given the unofficial title of “world’s greatest athlete.”
14. With that stature, Jenner subsequently established a career in television, film, writing, auto racing, business and as a Playgirl cover model.
15. Jenner has six children from marriages to ex-wives Chrystie Crownover, Linda Thompson, and Kris Jenner.
16. Since 2007, Jenner has appeared on the reality television series Keeping Up with the Kardashians with Kris, their daughters Kendall and Kylie Jenner, and step-children Kourtney, Kimberley, Khloé, and Rob Kardashian.
17. Previously identifying publicly as male, Jenner revealed her identity as a trans woman in April 2015, publicly announcing her name change from Bruce to Caitlyn in a July 2015 Vanity Fair cover story.
18. Her name and gender change became official on September 25, 2015.
19. She has been called the most famous openly transgender woman in the world.
20. From 2015 to 2016, Jenner starred in the reality television series I Am Cait, which focused on her gender transition
21. Prior to her public gender transition, she had been married three times. She was married to Chrystie Scott (née Crownover) from 1972 to 1981.
22. They have two children, son Burton and daughter Cassandra, known as Burt and Casey Jenner.
23. Jenner and Scott’s divorce was finalized the first week of January 1981.
24. On January 5, 1981, Jenner married actress Linda Thompson in Hawaii.
25. They have two sons together, Brandon Jenner and Sam Brody Jenner (known as Brody).
26. By February 1986, Jenner and Thompson had separated and subsequently divorced.
27. Their sons later starred on the reality show The Princes of Malibu, and Brody appeared in the reality show The Hills.
28. On April 21, 1991, Jenner married Kris Kardashian after five months of dating.
29. They have two daughters, Kendall and Kylie Jenner.
30. While married, Jenner was also the step-parent to Kris’s children from her previous marriage – Kourtney, Kim, Khloé and Robert – who star in Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
31. The couple announced their separation in October 2013, though they had actually separated in June.
32. Kris filed for divorce in September 2014 citing irreconcilable differences.
33. Their divorce terms were finalized in December 2014 and came into effect on March 23, 2015, because of a six-month state legal requirement.
34. Before coming out, Caitlyn would secretly cross-dress in hotel lobbies. While she tiptoed down the hallways, nobody recognized or could even fathom “Bruce Jenner” strutting in high-heels.
35. Caitlyn began taking growth hormones shortly before meeting Kris Jenner and subsequently hid her desires of wanting to become a woman in order to focus on raising a family.
36. Caitlyn’s plan was to fully transition at the age of 40, however at the age of 39 she was paralyzed with fear.
37. In April of 2015, Caitlyn was featured in a 20/20 interview with Diane Sawyer and ultimately confessed that she was transitioning from a man to a woman.
38. Months after revealing her identification as a transgender women, the former Olympian decided to change her name from Bruce to Caitlyn.
39. Jenner experienced a panic attack after surgery, but her doctor stated that it is normal.
40. She still wants her kids to call her dad.