Bryson Tiller is an American singer. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about him!
1.His full name is Bryson Djuan Tiller.
2. He was born on January 2, 1993, in Louisville, Kentucky.
3. When he was four years old, his mother died, and he was subsequently raised by his grandmother.
4. He has four brothers.
5. He attended Iroquois High School, where Tiller started singing and rapping at age 15, after which he was also singing for the girls in school.
8. After he left school, he went to work at Papa John’s Pizza and UPS.
9. Tiller started his musical career in 2011, releasing the debut mixtape Killer Instinct Vol.1, which included 21 songs.
10. Talking about the mixtape in an interview, he said; “If they wanted to hear the growth in my music then I think my first mixtape would definitely show them how far I’ve come”
11. In 2014, Tiller started receiving some internet attention from music industry insiders with his breakout single “Don’t”, which he initially released on his SoundCloud page.
12. It was officially released on iTunes in May 2015 and became the lead single of his debut studio album.
13. “Don’t” peaked at number 13 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
14. It has been remixed by artists like K Camp, Mila J, Sevyn Streeter, D.R.A.M. and WSTRN.
15. These early co-signs from record producer Timbaland and Canadian rapper Drake led to major-label attention for Tiller, with him eventually choosing to sign a creative partnership with RCA Records, which was announced on August 25, 2015.
16. Tiller was offered a chance to sign with Drake’s OVO Sound record label, but declined the offer.
17. In September 2015, Rolling Stone included Tiller in their list of “10 New Artists You Need to Know”.
18. On October 2, 2015, Tiller released his debut studio album, Trapsoul, which debuted at number 11 on the US Billboard 200 and later reached number 8.
19. The album’s second single, “Exchange”, peaked at number 26 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming Tiller’s second top 40 hit.
20. “Sorry Not Sorry”, which was released as the third single from Trapsoul, peaked at number 67 on the Billboard Hot 100.
21. The album was included on a number of 2015 year-end lists, such as Complex’s The Best Albums of 2015, The Root’s 10 Favorite Albums of 2015, and PopSugar’s The 24 Best Albums of 2015.
22. Tiller has cited American singer Omarion as his biggest influence, saying that the singer and his debut album, O, inspired him to start singing.
23. His other influences include R. Kelly, The-Dream, Lil Wayne, Chris Brown and Drake.
24. Tiller has a daughter named Harley Tiller who is frequently posted on his Instagram.
25. He is an avid collector of Yu-Gi-Oh! trading cards and a passionate track racer.
26. Tiller refuses to do video interviews saying that he will “probably never” do an on-camera interview.
27. In January 2017, he was included on Forbes magazine’s “30 Under 30”, a list showcasing entrepreneurs, entertainers and celebrities who have made a name for themselves before reaching the age of 30.