Anthony Bourdain was a chef that a lot of people loved!
The well-known chef was found dead in his hotel room in France, on June 8th 2018, and the world was shocked with the news. CNN’s favorite chef who was in France filming an episode for his show «Parts Unknown» when his good friend, Eric Ripert, found him on the floor.
Unfortunately, according to the media, Anthony Bourdain, committed suicide and the world of gastronomy was shocked. He was great at his job and had a lot of fans all over the world.
These are some facts you should find out about him:
- He was born June 25, 1956.
- His full name was Anthony Michael Bourdain.
- Anthony Bourdain was an American chef, author, and television personality.
- He was born in New York and grew up in New Jersey.
- He has said that he grew up without religion. His fathers family as Catholic and his mothers family was Jewish.
- His grandparents -from his father side-were French.
- He found his passion in food when he was a teenager and went to France for summer vacations.A fresh oyster was the cause!
- Anthony Bourdain attended the Culinary Institute of America and graduated in 1978.
- He ran various restaurants in New York such as Supper Club, One Fifth Avenue, Sullivan’s, Brasserie Les Halles.
- He was the author of many best seller books such as: Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly, Medium Raw: A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People Who Cook.
- He also wrote a lot of articles for various newspapers and magazines such as: The New Yorker, The New York Times, The Times, Los Angeles Times, The Observer, Gourmet, Maxim, Esquire.
- He co-wrote the original graphic novel Get Jiro! for DC Comics/Vertigo along with Joel Rose.
- The tv shows he was known for were: A Cook’s Tour,No Reservations ,The Layover,Parts Unknown.
- He appeared on Top Chef and he was one of the main judges on All Stars Top Chef.
- Heappeared as himself in the 2015 film The Big Short.
- He was known as the «culinary bad boy».
- Bourdain was very against the celebrity cooking industry.
- Anthony Bourdain had a blue belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu.
- In August 2015 he won a gold metal at the IBJJF New York Spring International Open Championship 2016.
- He died in France and his death came as a shock to the world.