Amber Rose is an American model, actress and fashion designer.
1. Amber Levonchuck was born October 21, 1983 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
2. His father is Michael Levonchuck, and her mother is Dorothy Rose.
3. Her father is of Irish and Italian descent and her mother is of Cape Verdean and maternal Scottish descent from Ayrshire.
4. She has one brother named Antonio Hewlett.
5. Rose grew up in South Philadelphia.
6. At the age of 15, Amber Rose began stripping, under the pseudonym “Paris” to provide for her family after the divorce of her parents.
7. Rose’s appearance in Young Jeezy’s “Put on” video in 2008 caught the attention of Kanye West.
8. Rose then gained more exposure after posing for a Louis Vuitton print advertisement featuring West’s sneaker line.
9. Rose walked the runway at New York Fashion Week for “Celestino,” Rose has also made cameos in music videos such as Nicki Minaj’s “Massive Attack,” Young Jeezy’s “Vacation,” Wiz Khalifa’s “No Sleep,” Fabolous’ “You Be Killin’ Em,” and Ludacris’ “What Them Girls Like.”
10. She was signed with modeling agency Ford Models from 2009 to 2010.
11. In 2010, she appeared in Russell Simmons’ reality show about his two assistants, “Running Russell Simmons”.
12. She also starred in a PSA by NOH8 Campaign.
13. In 2011, Amber Rose was a guest judge on Season 3 of RuPaul’s Drag Race. She was also a judge on Season 2 of Master of the Mix.
14. In November 2011, she became the spokesperson for Smirnoff and appeared in television ads and billboards for the company’s new flavors Whipped Cream and Fluffed Marshmallow.
15. Rose released her debut single “Fame”, which features Wiz Khalifa, in January 10, 2012, followed by a second single, titled “Loaded”, released on February 6, 2012.
16. She then appeared in the eleventh track of her ex-husband’s album O.N.I.F.C., titled “Rise Above”, along with rappers Tuki Carter and Pharrell Williams, who produced the song.
17. She was managed by Leticia “Tish” Cyrus, mother of singer Miley Cyrus, who is a close friend to Rose and her ex-husband Wiz Khalifa.
18. In September 2009, Rose announced plans to launch her own eyewear line.
19. In 2012, Rose opened a clothing line with her friend Priscilla Ono called Rose & Ono.
20. Rose guest-starred on an episode of Wild ‘N Out on MTV2, and had a role as “MaryWanna” in the film School Dance, which was directed by her manager, Nick Cannon in 2014.
21. Simon & Schuster published her first book, How to Be a Bad Bitch, in which she offers advice and personal anecdotes on everything from finances and career to love and fashion. The cover features an image shot by famed photographer David LaChapelle.
22. In 2015, Amber Rose filmed, “Walk Of No Shame with Amber Rose,” with Funny or Die.
23. The viral video helped promote Amber Rose’s SlutWalk, which took place on October 3, 2015 in Los Angeles, California.
24. In March 2016, Rose launched an emoji app called MuvaMoji, featuring 900 emoji icons that she curated. Upon release, it shot to No. 1 on the App Store charts. She earned $4 million USD from the app.
25. In May 2016, it was announced that Rose would star in her own talk show entitled The Amber Rose Show on VH1, which debuted on July 8, 2016.
26. On September 8, 2016, Rose began hosting Loveline.
27. On August 30, 2016, Rose was announced as one of the celebrities who would compete on the 23rd season of Dancing with the Stars. She was partnered with professional dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy. They were eliminated on October 17 and finished in 9th place.
28. Rose was spotted by rapper Kanye West in the music video “What Them Girls Like.” They then began a romantic relationship that lasted from 2008 to 2010. Rose began dating rapper Wiz Khalifa in early 2011. The couple got engaged on March 1, 2012, and married on July 8, 2013.
29. Their son Sebastian Taylor Thomaz was born on February 21, 2013.
30. Rose, Khalifa, and their son divided their time between homes in Los Angeles and Canonsburg, Pennsylvania.
31. Rose filed for divorce from Khalifa on September 22, 2014, citing irreconcilable differences and planned to take full custody of their son Sebastian.
32. As of 2015, Rose and Khalifa have joint custody of their son.
33. In 2009, in regard to her sexual orientation, Rose stated, “I’m extremely open with my sexuality. I can be in love with a woman, I can be in love with a man. As far as humans go, I definitely find beauty in everybody, whether they’re heavy-set, super-skinny, if they’re white, black, Indian, Asian, Spanish. I can see beauty in anybody. If I see a woman and I think she’s beautiful and I like her, and she likes me back we can definitely try to be in a relationship together.”
34. On October 3, 2015, Rose led the L.A.-based SlutWalk to honor all women who have been judged and demeaned for their sexual behavior.
35. As part of the event, Rose spoke publicly about the instances of shaming she has experienced, specifically mentioning an incident at the age of 14, when a friend allegedly pulled his genitals out while in a closet with her playing the kissing game “7 Minutes in the Closet”. Rose claimed he tricked her into kneeling down in front of him, then threw open the closet door for all of their friends to see, suggesting oral sex had taken place. Rose grew visibly emotional while speaking about the bullying that followed, demonstrating the depth of the trauma the experience caused.
36. Amber Rose admitted in an interview that she did not ask for the fame. She was approached by a woman who asked Rose if she wanted to star in a music video. Rose stated she was taken aback but went through with the gig. After Kanye West spotted her in a music video, her name became the talk of the tabloids. But before the fame, Rose said that her haircut was so unique and edgy that she caused car accidents back in her hometown.
37. Her gorgeous smile may take your breath away, but so will her Philly attitude. She knows when it is time to clap-back and stand up for herself.
38. After months of playing coy, the Rose went public with her relationship with “Dancing With The Stars” pro Val Chmerkovskiy in December 2016.