The world is huge place!
All countries have interesting facts about them and you should know some! Who knows? Maybe you will participate in a game of Trivia Pursuit and you will blow everyone’s mind when it comes to questions about geography!
So these are some interesting facts about countries all around the world!
- Africa has 54 countries!
- A third of world’s languages are spoken in Africa!
- Coffee is grown commercially in Hawaii!
- After Christianity, Judaism is the 2nd largest Religion in the U.S.A!
- 90% of the world’s fresh water is in Antarctica!
- Antarctica is the largest desert in the world.
- Did you know that there are no polar bears in Antarctica? Yes, they are in Arctic!
- Antarctica is the only place in the world that has only one ATM!
- Over 200 languages are spoken in Europe!
- The largest country in Europe is Russia!
- The smallest country in Europe is Vatican!
- Disneyland is the most visited place in Europe! Disneyland is in Paris!
- No pig is allowed to be called Napoleon in France!
- The largest island in the world is Green Land!
- The Pyramid of Giza is the oldest of the seven wonders of the Ancient world, that is still in existence and it is located in Egypt!
- The official animal of Scotland is the unicorn! How crazy is that?
- 10 million people visit the Great Wall of China every year.
- Nigeria has the highest rate of twin births in the world!
- The Marshall Islands in the Pacific Ocean are the most endangered island nation!
- Papua New Guinea is the most linguistically diverse country in the world with 851 individual languages listed.
- The oldest state in the world is San Marino!
- Ethiopia and Liberia are the only two countries in Africa that were not colonised by the European powers.
- Greenland is the country that can’t join FIFA because of bad weather conditions and grass can not grow there!