Vietnam is a country located in Southeast Asia!
A lot of food bloggers, chefs and people who love discovering different cultures, visit the country and describe their trip as unique adventure that everybody should experience once in their life.
If you are one of them and you are thinking of taking a trip to Vietnam, check out these interesting facts about the country before you visit!
- The name ”Vietnam” was spelled as two words. Viet Nam.
- Chinese,American ,Japanese, and French colonials have influenced the cultural of Vietnam!
- Conical hats and traditional robs are the traditional Vietnamese outfit.
- Temples are build to honor historical figures.
- Pagodas are used for worship!
- The largest cave in the world is in Vietnam. It’s called Son Doong.
- Vietnamese cuisine is known for the perfect balance of the five Asian Elements which are sweet,spicy, bitter,sour, and salty!
- You will find a traditional dish called Tiet Canh and it is made from fresh animal blood.
- The most popular food in Vietnam is rice! Noodles are second.
- People in Vietnam have a really weird hobby! The go lizard fishing!
- An interesting activity in Vietnam is elephant riding!
- The most common form of transportation are motorbikes.
- Vietnam is one of the biggest producers of cashew nuts.
- The most common name in the country is Nguyen.
- Vietnamese people come from the union of an immortal Chinese princess and “The Dragon Lord of the Seas”, as the legend says!
- The Bin Chau Hotsprings are so hot that you could boil an egg!
- Snake wine is really common in Vietnam! They steep snakes in rice wine to extract their venom or essence and drink it for health!
- Vietnam is the second largest producer of coffee in the world!
- Vietnam is known for the beautiful beaches all over the country.
- The country has a literacy level of 94%.