Wow, Zoë Kravitz gave us some news yesterday!
The actress announced in an interview for Rolling Stone magazine that she is engaged to actor, Karl Glusman, since February 2018 and we did not see that coming!
These are some facts you should know about the actress and singer!
- She was born on December 1, 1988.
- Her middle name is Isabella.
- Her dad is well known artist Lenny Kravitz and her mum is actress Lisa Bonet.
- She was born in Venice, Los Angeles, California.
- Both of her parents are of African-American and Jewish descent.
- When she was five years old her parents got a divorce.
- She lived with her mother in Topanga Canyon, and then moved to Miami at age eleven to live with her father, spending summers with her mother.
- Her godfather is movie producer Bruce Cohen, and her godmother is actress Marisa Tomei.
- Unfortunately, she struggled with anorexia and bulimia throughout high school, until around age 24.
- Kravitz started studying in 2007 at the acting conservatory at the State University of New York at Purchase, but after one year she left and went to Brooklyn to work on films.
- Her first film role was while she was in high school, playing a babysitter hired by Catherine Zeta-Jones’ character in the 2007 romantic comedy No Reservations.
- She also appeared in eight episodes of the Showtime television series Californication, in which she portrayed Pearl, the vocalist of the all-girl band Queens of Dogtown.
- Some of the films we have seen her are: Adam Green’s Aladdin, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Rough Night, Gemini, X-Men: First Class.
- She was named the face of Vera Wang’s Princess fragrance in 2009.
- In 2013, she released a jewelry line in collaboration with the Swarovski crystal company.
- When she was 16, she started to create music!
- In an interview for the November 2018 issue of Rolling Stone, the actress announced that she and Karl Glusman became engaged in February 2018.
- Music is her hobby. In 2009 she formed the band Elevator Fight and while she was filming for the movie The Road Within, she created the band Lolawolf.