Finland is the happiest country according to the annual UN report!
All the Nordic countries scored highly on income, healthy life expectancy, social support, freedom, trust and generosity and all rankings are based on Gallup polls of self-reported well being, as well as perceptions of corruption, generosity and freedom.
So if you looking for your next trip check Finland but first check out the facts!
- Finland is the eighth-largest country in Europe!
- Finland is the most sparsely populated country in the European Union.
- Finnish people celebrate ‘National Sleepy Head Day’. This means that the last person in a family to wake up gets thrown into a lake or the sea by the rest of the family!
- Finland is proud to have a heavy meta band of dinosaurs that is a crowd pleaser and kids love it !They are called Hevisaurus!
- There are about 2.000.000 saunas in Finland!
- Trespassing is not considered to be something bad in Finland and a lot of people are able to pick mushrooms and berries from where ever they want!
- The official languages of Finland are Finnish and Swedish.
- Heavy metal in mainstream music for Finnish people!
- Finland was the first country in the world to make Internet access a legal right!
- Kittens and puppies are not allowed to be sold in pet shops in Finland and it is illegal!
- Finland paid their war reparations of 300,000,000 american dollars to the Soviet union and it was the only nation to do that!
- There are no pay phones in Finland!
- The game ”Angry Birds” was created in Finland!
- Finland has declared October 13th the National Day of Failure to celebrate life setbacks!
- Helsinki ranks in the top 10 cities with the cleanest air in the world.
- Finland is the place you want to be if you want to see the Northern lights!