Playboi Carti might be new to you, but his is well known among the hip-hop artists.
These are some facts you should know about him!
- His real name is Jordan Terrell Carter.
- He was born on September 13, 1996.
- He was born in Atlanta, Georgia, and grew up in Riverdale, Georgia.
- Playboi Carti attended North Springs Charter High School in Sandy Springs
- He often skipped high school classes regularly to work on his music or go to his job at H&M.
- He shopped in thrift stores in his youth, something that has had an effect on his fashion and music style.
- He started rapping at an early age under the name Sir Cartier. Much of his early work has been deleted from the Internet.
- He adopted the name Playboi Carti in 2012 and signed to rapper Father’s underground label Awful Records.
- He began to attract attention in 2015 with his singles “Broke Boi” and “Fetti” featuring Da$h and Maxo Kream, both of which were published to Soundcloud.
- On June 13, 2017, Playboi Carti was named as one of the ten of XXL’s “2017 Freshman Class.” Around this time, he was featured on A$AP Mob’s single “Raf” from their album Cozy Tapes Vol. 2: Too Cozy and Lana del Rey’s single “Summer Bummer” from her album Lust For Life.
- .GQ has defined Carter as the “leader of a youth style,” and said that he represents a stylistic midpoint between the “fashion gloss of A$AP Mob, the punk-rock attitude of Uzi Vert, and the playful camp of Yachty.
- Some of his favorite brands are Raf Simons and Balmain.
- Playboi Carti has been described as a “mumble rapper,” and his music as “playful, hard-hitting, and very melodic.”.
- He currently lives and works in and around Los Angeles.
- In 2018, he began dating rapper Iggy Azalea