Iggy Azalea is a well known rapper who knows how to be sexy but also rough when it comes to dropping lyrics.
These are some facts about the rapper you should know!
- She was born on the 7th of June 1990 .
- Iggy was born in Sydney and brought up in Mullumbimby, New South Wales.
- Her real name is Amethyst Amelia Kelly.
- Her father, Brendan Kelly, was a European-Australian painter and comic artist, while her mother, Tanya, cleaned holiday houses and hotels.
- She began rapping at age 14. Before embarking on a solo career, Azalea formed a group with two other girls from her neighbourhood.
- She dropped out of high school and worked and saved the money she earned by cleaning hotel rooms and holiday houses with her mother, so she can go to America.
- Iggy travelled to the United States in 2006, shortly before she turned 16. She told her parents she was going “on a holiday” with a friend, but eventually decided to stay and shortly afterwards told them she was not coming back home.
- She first arrived in the United States in 2006, she stayed in Miami, Florida, and afterwards lived briefly in Houston, Texas. Azalea settled for a few years in Atlanta, Georgia, working with a member of the Dungeon Family named Backbone.
- She took her stage name from the name of her childhood dog, Iggy, and the street she grew up on, Azalea Street, where her family lives to this day.
- In late 2011, Azalea began dating American rapper A$AP Rocky, whom she met through American record producer Chase N. Cashe.
- In March 2018, she was approved for permanent residence in the United States.
- In late 2018, Kelly began dating rapper Playboi Carti.