Rick Ross is an American rapper and entrepreneur. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about him!
1.His real name is William Leonard Roberts II.
2. He was born January 28, 1976.
3. was born in Clarksdale, Mississippi, and raised in Carol City, Florida.
4. After graduating from Miami Carol City Senior High School, he attended the historically black college Albany State University on a football scholarship.
5. Roberts worked as a correctional officer for 18 months from December 1995, until his resignation in June 1997.
6. In his early years at Suave House Records, Roberts initially made his debut under the pseudonym Teflon Da Don. He made his recording debut on the song “Ain’t Shhh to Discuss” on Erick Sermon’s lone album for DreamWorks, Def Squad Presents Erick Onasis.
7. In the mid-2000s, he changed his name to Rick Ross.
8.He derived his stage name from the former drug kingpin “Freeway” Rick Ross, to whom he has no connection.
9. After being signed to Suave House Records, former label for rap duo 8Ball & MJG, he eventually signed a deal with Slip-n-Slide Records, which has been under the Def Jam label since 2006.
10. While signed to Slip-n-Slide, Roberts toured with fellow rapper Trick Daddy and made guest performances on other Slip-n-Slide albums
11. His debut album Port of Miami was released in August 2006 and debuted at the top spot on the U.S. Billboard 200 album chart, with sales at 187,000 units during the first week.
12. Christian Hoard of Rolling Stone magazine predicted that it would be “the summer’s biggest rap record”.
13. The second single was “Push It”, which samples “Scarface (Push It to the Limit)”, the theme song from the gangster film Scarface. The music video for “Push It” was modeled after the film.
14. During that time, Ross made guest performances on two singles from DJ Khaled’s debut Listennn… the Album: “Born-N-Raised” and “Holla at Me”. Port of Miami received Gold certification from the Recording Industry Association of America on November 8, 2006.
15. In March 2008, his second album Trilla was released and, as its predecessor Port of Miami had, debuted at the top of the Billboard 200.
16. Its lead single “Speedin'” featuring R. Kelly peaked at number 21 on the U.S. Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles; the next one, “The Boss” featuring T-Pain peaked at number 17 on the Hot 100.
17. The third single “Here I Am” featured Nelly and Avery Storm.
18. MTV News ranked Ross on the fourth spot in its 2008 “Hottest MCs in the Game” list among ten rappers.
19. The fourth single “This Is The Life” featured Trey Songz and was released in July.
20. Rick Ross is a Christian,and in an interview with Corey “Coco Brother” Condrey on Lift Every Voice, he indicated that “I had told myself at one point no matter what I go through, I never question God.”
21. On October 14, 2011, Ross suffered two seizures in the same day, once in the morning and again in the early evening. Following the morning seizure, he was unconscious and CPR was performed. After suffering the second seizure, Ross was admitted to a hospital in Birmingham, Alabama, where doctors ran a battery of tests. They declared him healthy. Ross attributes the episodes to a lack of sleep in the previous week.
22. Ross later noted the incident in the remix of Meek Mill’s song “Ima Boss”, with the line “Had a couple seizures, call it minor setbacks / Everybody praying for me, I respect that / Woke up in the hospital, where my checks at? / Then I put 8 chains where my neck’s at”.
23. Rick Ross dated fashionista Shateria Moragne-el for a few years. They broke up in 2013.
24. Ross dated and became engaged to hip hop model Lira Mercer, also known as Lira Galore.
25. They ended their engagement in November 2015.