Linkin Park is an American rock band from Agoura Hills, California.
Let’s see some facts about the band!
1. Formed in 1996, the band rose to international fame with their debut album Hybrid Theory (2000), which was certified Diamond by the RIAA in 2005 and multi-Platinum in several other countries.
2. Their following studio album Meteora continued the band’s success, topping the Billboard 200 album chart in 2003, and was followed by extensive touring and charity work around the world.
3. Having adapted nu metal and rap metal to a radio-friendly yet densely layered style in Hybrid Theory and Meteora, the band explored other genres in their next studio album, Minutes to Midnight (2007).
4. The album topped the Billboard charts and had the third-best debut week of any album that year.
5. The band continued to explore a wider variation of musical types in their fourth album, A Thousand Suns (2010), layering their music with more electronic sounds and beats.
6. Their fifth album, Living Things (2012), combines musical elements from all of their previous records.
7. Their sixth album, The Hunting Party (2014), returned to a heavier rock sound. Their seventh album One More Light, a more electronic and pop-oriented record, was released on May 19, 2017.
8. The band has collaborated with several other artists, including rapper Jay-Z in their mashup EP Collision Course, and many others on the remix albums Reanimation and Recharged.
9. In 2003, MTV2 named Linkin Park the sixth-greatest band of the music video era and the third-best of the new millennium.
10. Billboard ranked Linkin Park No. 19 on the Best Artists of the Decade chart. In 2012, the band was voted as the greatest artist of the 2000s in a Bracket Madness poll on VH1.
11. In 2014, the band was declared as the Biggest Rock Band in the World Right Now by Kerrang!.
12. Linkin Park has sold over 70 million albums worldwide and has won two Grammy Awards.
13. Linkin Park began working on new material for a seventh studio album in November 2015.
14. The first single from the new album was revealed to be titled “Heavy” and features pop singer Kiiara, the first time the band has featured a female vocalist on an original song for a studio album. T
15. Shinoda gave an interview on the Zach Sang Show and revealed the new album would be titled One More Light and would be released on May 19, 2017.
16. On July 20, 2017, Bennington committed suicide by hanging. Shinoda confirmed Bennington’s death on social media, writing “Shocked and heartbroken, but it’s true. An official statement will come out as soon as we have one.”