Lil Peep was an American rapper and singer. He was cited as one of the primary artists responsible for the post-emo revival with his style of hip hop which came to be known as emo trap.
Check out some facts about his life.
1. His name was Gustav Åhr.
2. He was born on November 1, 1996in Pennsylvania.
3. He grew up in Long Island, New York.
4. Åhr’s parents were both Harvard graduates who divorced when Åhr was a teenager.
5. Åhr’s mother was a first grade teacher and his father was a college professor.
6. He attended Long Beach High School, which he rarely attended in spite of good grades.
7. He was a high school drop out.
8. He took online courses to earn his diploma.
9. When Åhr was 17, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue his career in music.
10. His first mixtape, Lil Peep Part One, which was released in 2015, generated 4,000 plays in its first week.
11. Shortly thereafter, he released his first extended play, Feelz, and another mixtape, Live Forever.
12. Lil Peep was described as a “SoundCloud rapper”, and his musical style is considered lo-fi rapor emo-trap.
13. He also knew how to play the trombone and tuba.
14. He described himself as a “productive junkie” and advised his audience not to do drugs.
15. On November 15, 2017, Åhr was found dead on his tour bus when his manager went to check on him in preparation for that night’s performance at a Tucson, Arizona venue.
16. In a series of Instagram posts in the hours leading to his death, Åhr claimed to have ingested psilocybin mushrooms and marijuana concentrate. In another, he claimed to have consumed six Xanax pills following a video depicting his attempts to drop an unidentified pill into his mouth several times before successfully swallowing one and shaking a full prescription bottle.
17. He was half Irish half Swedish.
18. His height was 1,80. (5ft11)
19. After his death, he became a millionaire overnight, after fans totally emptied his online merch store.
20. He kind of “felt” that he was about to die. Just a few hours before his death he posted on one of his social media accounts, “when I die, you’ll miss me”