Pokémon Go is a global phenomenon. No mobile game has ever reached the hype of this game. Let’s see some amazing statistics in order to give you some perspective!
1.Nintendo’s market value increases 9 billion dollars just 5 days after the release of Pokemon Go.
2. This marks the single biggest jump in the company’s fortunes since the 1980s, and for a moment, even helped Nintendo surpass rival Sony in value.
3. The Pokémon Company, which partnered with developer Niantic, to make the game – which caused a subsequent slump of around $6.4 billion earlier this week, its single biggest one day decline since 1990.
4. The number of daily active users of Pokémon GO in the US, as estimated by SurveyMonkey is 21,000,000.
5. The total number of players is unknown, but with global Android downloads in the region of 50 – 100 million according to Google’s Play Store, the number could easily be over 200 million, when iPhone players are taken into account. For some perspective, the last Pokémon games on 3DS, X and Y, sold 12 million between them.
6. The highest number of CP (combat points) a Pokémon can attain, according to data obtained by Gamespress is 4,144.
7. Maxwell’s Bar and Grill in Covent Garden, London has seen an increase of 26% by embracing Pokemon Go.
8. American Reddit user ftb_hodor has managed to fill out his Pokédex with every single monster roaming North America currently, 142 pokemons!
9. During the process, he walked 95 miles with the app open on his phone, hatched 303 eggs and caught 4,269 wild Pokémon to complete his collection.
10. The largest number of GO players convening at one meet up so far is 9.000 and it happened at San Franscisco.
11. So far, August 2016, 197.000 themed- up Pokemon playlists have appeared on Spotify.
12. So far, August 2016, 7/10 players who have downloaded Pokemon Go retrun to it daily!
13. In Japan 3.000 Mc Donald’s have been turned into sponsored Pokemon Go Gyms.
14. According to DMR stats, 40% of Pokemon Go users that spent money in it have not spent money in any other game.
15. According again to DMR stats, 60% of Pokemon Go users are male.