Google is the most visited website in the world. It is -literally- the Mecca of online information. But did you know that Google has more “hidden” features in its system, called “Google Hacks”?
Find them all out here!
1. You can set a timer. Oh yes. Just write “set timer for [as long as you want]” and Google stars a countdown that’ll beep when it reaches zero. Example: Set timer for 5 minutes.
2. You can find what you need nearby. Just write “[what you want] near me” and Google will fill you up with suggestions. Example: Ice cream near me.
3. Tip Calculator. Type “tip calculator,” and a tip calculator will appear and do your bidding.
4. Search for special days. Type in an important upcoming day and Google will automatically provide you with the date it’s occurring on and a brief description of what it’s all about.
5. Tell you the score of a game. Let’s say “Yankee score” and the score will appear.
6. You can also use the same method to get movie release dates.
7. Count calories. Say “Broccoli vs Ice cream” and you’ll a complete comparison of each one’s calories, carbohydrates and calories.
8. Function in Klingon (aka Star Trek language). Just add “/xx-klingon” to the end of the URL.
9. It can give you the weather forecast. Just write temperature on ‘Search’ and voilá
10. Barel rolls. Type “do a barrel roll” into the search bar.
11. Books by your favorite author. Write “Books by [name of the author]” and enjoy.
12. The exact time of sunrise in your city. Type “Sunrise [your city]”
13. Pull up info about any company. Type “CEO of [name of company].
14. Learn any word’s etymology. Type “[word] etymology”
15. Searching for “recursion” will get you into a dangerous infinite loop.
16. Searching “Anagram” will get you some nifty anagrams you can use to impress all your friends.
17. “Binary” and “hexadecimal” take you directly into the land of the nerds.
18. And while you’re there, you may as well try Googling “Zerg Rush”.
19. You can go back to a happier time. Type “Google in [year]”
20. Make Google speak in pirate. Type “Google pirate” on search.