The web that you can access with your average browser is only around 10-15% of the internet. The rest is known as the ”Deep Web”. It’s similar to the “tip of the iceberg” effect. The Deep Web is a place where illegal possessions can be bought and sold and also a place where the most sick and twisted things can happen. The first conflation of the terms “deep web” and “dark web” came about in 2009 when the deep web search terminology was discussed alongside illegal activities taking place on the Freenet darknet.
1. It is widely used. As a matter of fact there are well over 500 billion pages on the deep web.
2. You get access to things the rest of the world can’t.
3. Also called the hidden web and deepnet, the deep web is where search engines have not indexed the information, and so “invisible” to the mainstream public.
4. It is only accessible through a web browser called Tor.
5. Tor is an anonymous network of nodes that are intended to mask the user’s IP and protect the privacy of the user.
6. You can read all sorts of banned books on Tor.
7. Any considered illegal activity possible, can be found on the deep web.
8. People can purchase fake identification. An American passports would cost you 700 Euros, or 973.91 USD.
10. The currency used on the deep web is called bitcoin and it’s non traceable.
11. You can also purchase organic weed from the Netherlands.
12. Tor is surprisingly sponsored by the United States Department of State Bureau Of Democracy, Human Rights, And Labor, The Ford Foundation and The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency. Those are some of the main players but there are plenty of other government groups that are involved.
13. They have a huge variety in weapons.
14. You can actually make your own snuff films.
15. Even child spirits from abortions and miscarriages are sold.