Tímea Babos is a Hungarian tennis player.
Let’s see some fun facts about her!
1. Tímea Babos was born 10 May 1993 in Sopron.
2. At the 2010 Australian Open she competed in the girls singles junior event. Babos was the first seed.
3. In May, Babos won the 2010 French Open girls’ doubles event with Sloane Stephens. The duo didn’t lose a set in the entire tournament. In the final, they beat Lara Arruabarrena and María Teresa Torró Flor of Spain.
4. Babos and Stephens won the 2010 Wimbledon Championships, beating Elina Svitolina and Irina Khromacheva in the final.
5. Two days after winning this title, she participated her first WTA event in Budapest, losing to third seed Timea Bacsinszky in the first round.
6. In her last junior tournament, the 2010 US Open, she lost in the second round in singles, but won doubles with Stephens, becoming the first junior doubles team to win Roland Garros, Wimbledon, and the US Open in the same year.
7. She has won two singles and 12 doubles titles on the WTA tour, one singles and one doubles WTA 125K series titles, as well as 12 singles and nine doubles titles on the ITF circuit in her career.
8. On 19 September 2016, she reached her best singles ranking of world number 25. On 22 June 2015, she peaked at world number 8 in the doubles rankings.
9. An accomplished junior player, Babos’s greatest success has come in doubles, having reached the women’s doubles final of the 2014 Wimbledon Championships with Kristina Mladenovic of France and the 2016 Wimbledon Championships with Yaroslava Shvedova of Kazakhstan, and the final of the mixed doubles 2015 Wimbledon Championships with Alexander Peya of Austria.