Sterling Shepard is an American football wide receiver for the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL).
Let’s find out some fun facts about him!
1. Sterling Clay Shepard was born February 10, 1993.
2. Shepard attended Heritage Hall School in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, where he rushed for 1,115 yards and caught 133 passes for 2,335 yards and 38 touchdowns in his high school career.
3. As a senior, he carried the ball 28 times for 303 yards and eight touchdowns and caught 73 passes for 1,243 yards and 17 touchdowns.
4. Following his senior season, he was selected to the Under Armour All-American Game. In addition, Shepard competed in basketball and track at Heritage.
5. As a senior in 2011, he placed second in the long jump at the State Meet with a leap of 6.69 meters (21’11.5″).
6. Shepard was a consensus four-star recruit by ESPN.com, Rivals.com, 247sports.com and Scout.com.
7. He committed to the University of Oklahoma to play college football.
8. As a true freshman at the University of Oklahoma in 2012, Shepard played in all 13 games with four starts and had 45 receptions for 621 yards and three touchdowns.
9. As a sophomore in 2013, he started 12 of 13 games, recording 51 receptions for 603 yards and seven touchdowns.
10. Shepard started 12 of 13 games as a junior in 2014. After recording 49 receptions for 911 yards and five touchdowns through the first seven games of the season, he suffered a groin injury on a reception against Iowa State, which caused him to miss the rest of that game and the next week’s game against Baylor and limited him to one reception for 13 yards during the final four games.
11. As a senior in 2015, he played in all 14 games and had 86 receptions for 1,288 yards and 11 touchdowns. For his career, he had 233 receptions for 3,482 yards and 26 touchdowns.
12. His father, Derrick Shepard, played at Oklahoma and in the NFL from 1987-1991 as a wide receiver. He died when Sterling was six.
13. His uncles, Darrell (1980–81) and Woodie (1975–79), also played at Oklahoma.
14. Shepard was drafted by the Giants in the second round of the 2016 NFL Draft.