Jordan Reed is an American football tight end for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL).
Let’s find out some fun facts about him!
1. Jordan M. Reed was born July 3, 1990.
2. A native of New Britain, Connecticut, Reed attended New London High School.
3. As a junior, he completed 122 of 222 passes for 1,706 yards and 38 touchdowns.
4. He threw only two interceptions, and also rushed for 370 yards and eight touchdowns.
5. He led New London to an undefeated regular season in 2007, and was a finalist for the 2008 Joe Montana High School Quarterback of the Year.
6. Considered a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, he was rated the 10th best dual-threat quarterback in the nation.
7. Reed accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida, where he played for coach Urban Meyer and coach Will Muschamp’s Florida Gators football teams from 2009 to 2012.
8. Originally recruited as a quarterback, he did not appear in any games and was redshirted as a true freshman in 2009.
9. After the 2009 season, he shifted to the tight end position. Reed finished his college career with 78 receptions for 938 yards and six touchdowns.
10. He decided to forgo his final season of college eligibility, and enter the NFL Draft after the 2012 season.