Eduardo Núñez is a Dominican professional baseball infielder for the San Francisco Giants of Major League Baseball (MLB).
Let’s find out some fun facts about him!
1. Eduardo Michelle Núñez Méndez was born June 15, 1987.
2. He played in MLB for the New York Yankees from 2010 through 2013, and the Minnesota Twins from 2014 to mid-2016.
3. Although shortstop is his primary position, Núñez serves as a utility infielder, and played in the outfield for the Yankees as well.
4. The Yankees signed Núñez as an international free agent in 2004.
5. He played minor league baseball in their organization from 2005 through 2010, until he made his MLB debut with the Yankees on August 19, 2010.
6. He has served to allow Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez the ability to take days off in the field.
7. Due to struggles and inconsistency, the Yankees designated Núñez for assignment at the start of the 2014 season.
8. He was traded to the Twins, and enjoyed a breakout season in 2016, when he was named to appear in the MLB All-Star Game.
9. He was traded to the San Francisco Giants on July 28, 2016.