Read them here!
1. A Zumba workout may combine high-energy dance moves with more traditional exercises such as lunges, squats and arm curls. Throughout the routine, moves are performed to upbeat music selections, including merengue, salsa, mambo, flamenco and hip-hop. The tempo alternates between slow and fast, and most classes begin with a warm-up session and finish with a cool-down period.
2. Zumba is a high-energy workout program that — when performed correctly and regularly — burns a significant number of calories.
3. Zumba is an intense fitness regimen that can be overwhelming for beginners. Overexertion is a risk if you push yourself too hard. Know your limits and don’t worry about completing all of the moves during your initial class. To reduce injury risk, wear cross-trainer or dance shoes that can accommodate quick and fluid lateral movements. Wearing running shoes with deep sole treads could result in a knee injury. You may feel mild discomfort during and after your first Zumba class due to engaging muscles in novel motions. Any greater pain, however, might be a sign of injury and should not be ignored.
4. While Zumba is intended to make getting fit fun, it can cause injuries to those who are not prepared for the vigorous workout that it entails.
5. Sucheta Pal currently India’s Master Trainer and the only Zumba Education Specialist who is officially licensed to train instructors in India breaks down Zumba fitness in simple words.
6. Variations of Zumba may be offered to serve many fitness levels. Zumba Step incorporates a step prop while Zumba Sentao uses a chair. Zumba Toning utilizes toning sticks to focus on strengthening your arms and abs. Aqua Zumba, which is performed in water, is a lower-impact form of exercise that is easier on your muscles and joints. Two varieties, Zumba Gold and Zumba Gold Toning, are designed for active older adults. Zumbini is for toddlers while Zumba Kids Jr. serves children 4 to 6 years old and Zumba Kids is for those age 7 to 11.
7. Zumba is a happy drug. Zumba is an electrifying joy. You forget everything – especially stress from your daily life. Zumba improves your mental health and improves your physical image which in turns helps you feel better.
8. “Zumba used very Latin inspired music – salsa, meringue, rumba, reggaeton. But in the last 5 years it is international music genre– bollywood and bhagra in included, there’s belly dancing too.” You will be surprised that several international artists are creating music only for Zumba.
9. Zumbatomic – is Zumba for kids. Zumba comes in the picture especially with increasing obesity in children. A child will not go and exercise if it is not fun; hence Zumba brings the fun element through dance and exercise.
10. According to HealthStatus, a 150-pound person can burn approximately 540 calories performing one hour of Zumba — more than you would burn jogging for an hour. To gain the most benefits from a Zumba workout, keep your entire body moving at all times by shaking body parts, moving laterally and engaging your arms. Zumba is fun to perform and can lift your spirits while helping you get in shape. The positive group dynamic can encourage you to stick with the program.