Ezequiel Lavezzi is an Argentine professional footballer who plays for Chinese club Hebei China Fortune and the Argentina national team as a forward.
Let’s find out some fun facts about him!
1. Ezequiel Iván Lavezzi was born 3 May 1985.
2. He began his career at Estudiantes (BA), and after one season was signed by Genoa, who loaned him to San Lorenzo, where he eventually moved on a permanent basis.
3. In 2007, he was signed by Napoli where he won the 2012 Coppa Italia.
4. His performances there earned him a €26.5 million move to Paris Saint-Germain in 2012, where he made over 150 appearances for the club and won three Ligue 1 championships, two Coupes de la Ligue and one Coupe de France before joining Hebei China Fortune in 2016.
5. A full international for Argentina since 2007, Lavezzi was part of their team which won an Olympic Gold medal in 2008, and also helped them reach the finals of the 2014 FIFA World Cup, the 2015 Copa América, and the Copa América Centenario.
6. Lavezzi is known for his pace, energy, sturdy physique, and hardworking style of play, as well as his technique, creativity, quick feet, dribbling ability, and sharpness around the box.
7. ESPN has described Lavezzi as being “excellent at roaming and finding space in the gap between the opposition’s midfield and defence.
8. He has excellent pace and crossing ability and is also adept at beating an opponent or drawing a foul in dangerous areas.
9. He is considered a quality player physically, tactically and technically.”
10. Although he is usually deployed as a winger, he has also been used as a second striker or as an attacking midfielder on occasion, due to his ability to both score goals and create chances for his teammates.
11. In spite of his skill and abilities as a footballer, he has been accused of being overly temperamental on the pitch at times, and has been criticised for arguing with officials.
12. Lavezzi is Catholic and has a tattoo of Jesus on his chest, a tattoo of the Virgin Mary on his right arm and a tattoo of a pair of rosary beads on his right abdomen.