What’s the connection between a donkey and teeth? When was the first commercial dental floss made? Read the trivia facts that follow and find out!
1. Each year, the 20th of September is an official holiday in China; this day is called “Love your teeth day”.
2. In Germany, at Middle Ages,it was believed kissing a donkey was the only treatment for painful teeth.
3. Ancient Greeks were the first to invent dental pliers
4. Sharks have three rows of sharp teeth in both of their jaws; actually, a shark can change almost forty sets of teeth in its entire life.
5. Most people prefer to use blue toothbrushes than the red ones!
6. Originally, bristles of toothbrush was made of cow hairs
7. The first commercial dental floss was made in the year of 1882.
8. Our dental plaque contains more than three hundred species of bacteria.
9. Even before toothbrushes were invented, people used their fingers and twigs in cleaning their teeth.
10. The Crocodile Bird flies into the open mouth of a crocodile and cleans it’s teeth for it!
(Source: Dundrum Dental Surgery)