Mars is one of the 8 planets in our solar system!
Besides Mars we also have Mercury, Venus, Earth, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
Mars is called the Red planet because of it’s color and these are some interesting facts you should know!
- Mars has less surface gravity than Earth, so if humans ever set foot on the planet they would feel lighter!
- A day on Mars lasts about 40 minutes!
- A Martian year is the equivalent of 687 Earth days!
- Scientists discovered water on Mars!
- NASA wants to create a colony of humans on Mars in 2030!
- You may think that because of it’s red color, Mars would be a warm planet, but it is actually really cold!
- Mars is the 4th planet of the solar system!
- Mars has two moons! Phobos (fear) and Deimos (panic) !
- Τhe average temperature on Mars is –55ºC!
- Sunsets on Mars are blue!
- The tallest mountain in the solar system belongs to Mars!
- Seven robots are known to be the citizens of Mars!
- There is a reason that Mars is red! It is covered in rust!
- Mars is much smaller than Earth! It’s actually half of Earth’s size!
- A really funny fact is that 3 men from Yemen sued NASA in 2003 because they claimed that Mars belonged to them! They said that their ancestors left them the planet!
- Mars is a planet that we could easily grow asparagus because of it’s soil!
- 4 billion years ago Mars had an oxygen-rich atmosphere!
- A NASA engineer designed a flag for the planet!
- Mars is one of the planets that you can see with a naked eye!
- The largest sand storms happen on Mars!
- Mercury is the smallest planet on the solar system! Mars is second!
- Mars was first viewed by Galileo Galilei in 1610 via a telescope!
- You will not find a magnetic field on Mars!