He was the poet of hip-hop…The man that introduced the music society the problems that people where dealing with on the streets…The man with the raw voice who made music to please the crowd …
Tupac Shakur died on September 13, 1996 and until today his name ‘’lives’’ among the world of rap. At the age of 25 he ‘’left’’ the world after being shot in Las Vegas having attended a Mike Tyson game. Tupac was in Suge Knights car – music producer and SEO of Death Row Records – when another car stopped beside them and shot Tupac… But that was not the first time a bullet injured his body…
These are the facts you need to know anout Tupac:
- His real name was Lesane Parish Crooks. He took the name Túpac after the the 18th-century Peruvian revolutionary Túpac Amaru II.
- Even before his was born, he was a rebel…Whilst still in his mothers womb he faced revolution and court trials because she participated in the Black Panthers movement.
- When he was a teenager he left New York and started living in L.A
- He started his career singing back up for Digital Underground and then released the song Same Song.
- Tupac created lyrics reading and watching tragic events that happened around him.
- He enjoyed being famous and had lots of parties where women and alcohol had the ‘’first’’ word.
- He was best friends with Will Smiths wife, Jada Pinkett, but according to her they never had a romantic relationship.
- He had anger issues and he was arrested frequently because of assaults against other rappers and the police.
- Tupac served 9 months in jail after he was convicted for sexual assault, but Suge Knight paid $1.4 million bail pending appeal of the conviction.
- Death Row Records was the ‘’big deal’’ for Tupac because it gave him the luxurious life he wanted.
- Part of the deal with Death Row Records was a big house for his mother.
- He was the first artist in the history of music to have a number one selling album while he was in jail.
- He smoked regularly and one of his favorite smoking brands was Marlboro Red.
- Notorius B.I.G and Tupac used to be good friends but when a gunshot assault threatened the rappers life they cut all communication and had a battle through their songs.
- Shakespeare was a huge influence when it came to his lyrics.
- He was shot 5 times but he survived and came back to the hip hop scene even stronger!
- He was a trendsetter and a fashion influencer. One of his signature accessories was bandanas.
- Tupac had a ‘’thing’’ for Versace clothes.
- He walked for the House of Versace in 1996
- Tupac Shakur died September 13, 1996 . His death was new all over the world and in his honor street artists from Brazil, Germany, the United States of America and other countries, created street art using his face and lyrics.