1. Turner was born on February 21, 1996, in Northampton, England.
2. When she was just a baby, she moved to a small village in Midlands.
3. She was signed up to the Playbox Theatre Company when she was just three years old.
4. In an interview with her local newspaper, the Coventry Telegraph, she said, “That was how my obsession grew. I am still in Playbox. My first lead was in a production called Scary Play directed by Stewart McGill, who is amazing. Playbox is a fun environment. It’s not just a place for kids to hang around and be silly. We are all very serious about acting. They do not mould you into the actor they want but let you be yourself.”
5. Her amateur-level performances paved the way for her to the role of playing a powerful Lord’s young daughter on HBO’s fantasy series Game of Thrones.
In an interview by Coventry Telegraph, Tuner said, “Playbox put me up for a lot of auditions, but it was through my drama teacher at the school that I heard about the Game of Thrones audition. The casting director knew about the drama department at our school. I had four more callbacks in London. It was really intense, but fun. I did a lot of chemistry tests with other people – the last one was with Maisie (Williams) who plays Arya. She is lovely.”
6. She raps. Technically, she beat boxes on the GoT set for Jack Gleeson (Joffrey Baratheon) while he raps.
7. She has two brothers named James and Will.
8. She loves trashy reality shows. Sophie confided to co-star Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell) that she is a “fiend” for the shows Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo and Jersey Shore (RIP).
9. She was in a relationship with Vamps guitarist James McVey.
10. She starred in a Bastille music video. The hit debut album, Bad Blood of the famous British rock band Bastille starred Turner in the hit single ‘Oblivion.’ At a demolition derby arena, she lip-syncs the song that was originally sung by Dan Smith. She always had a love for music and said that she can’t even survive for five minutes without music.
11. She had her first big screen role in the 2013 film Another Me.
12. She defends Sansa. Sansa’s antics draw the ire of most fans of GoT, but Sophie is always quick to defend her character’s honor. “It frustrates me when people don’t see where I’m coming from,” Sophie says about Sansa, “I’m just very passionate about her.”
13. She also plays the role of Heather in the 2014 film Barely Lethal.
14. She’s a natural blonde. In order to play Sansa, Sophie dyes her hair the trademark auburn of a Tully.
15. She appeared in 2013 thriller film Panda Eyes for her lead role as Fay. The movie is based on the Catherine MacPhail’s novel Another Me.
16. In 2011, she debuted on television with the HBO’s Game of Thrones in which she played the role as Sansa Stark.
17. She is good friends with actress Maisie Williams.
18. She owns a direwolf IRL. In an awesome example of life imitating art, Sophie’s family adopted the dog who played Sansa’s direwolf on the show. If you recall, Sansa’s wolf, Lady, was killed off early in Season 1 at the command of Cersei Lannister. With the dog (real name Zunni) out of work and in need of a new home, the Turner family swooped in.
19. She is a big fan of television shows Hannibal (2013-), and Breaking Bad (2008-2013).
20. She is a huge fan of Jack Nicholson.
21. Had a twin who died before birth so she is always drawn to stories about twins/ doubles such as The Thirteenth Tale and Another Me, two films she’s already starred in.
22. Close friends with Barely Lethal co-star Hailee Steinfeld.
23. Besides being an actress, she’s also a model. She modeled for Karen Millen’s Fall 2014 Campaign.
24. Favourite actors from her generation are Hailee Steinfeld, Saoirse Ronan, Jennifer Lawrence and Miles Teller.
25. She is allergic to horses. She plays a host to frozen zombies and host to dragons in the medieval world. But her biggest threat is simple and plain horses. She once said that though she is asthmatic, she seems to swell up near horses. That is the reason she keeps an inhaler in her pocket the entire time.