1. Evelyn Renee O’Connor was born on February 15, 1971.
2. She is an American actress, producer and director.
3. At sixteen, O’Connor began her career with a string of commercials and minor television roles.
4. She first came to the attention of Xena executive producers Rob Tapert and Sam Raimi when she landed the role of Deianeira in their television movie, Hercules and the Lost Kingdom.
5. In 2001, O’Connor began her own film production company, ROC Pictures.
6. Attended High School for the Performing and Visual Arts, Houston, Texas.
7. Went to Houston High School of Visual and Performing Arts but transferred back to Taylor High School (Her first H.S.) in order to graduate with her friends.
8. Engaged to long term boyfriend New Zealander Steve Muir. [February 2000]
9. Mother – Sandra Wilson; Father – Walter O’Connor; Stepfather – Eddie Wilson.
10. Played Lady Macbeth in the Shakespeare by the Sea’s production of Macbeth. (Seven locations in the Los Angeles area, June 20 – August 17, 2002).
11. When the producers of Xena (1995) became aware of how athletic her body was, it prompted the new costume for season 2. It became a running joke on the show that the costume continued to shrink as the seasons passed.
12. Had a role in the Arnold Schwarzenegger-directed episode of Tales from the Crypt (1989) entitled “The Switch.” Her role ended up on the cutting room floor.
13. She and the other star in Xena (1995), Lucy Lawless, are good friends.
14. She has appeared at gay pride events such as Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.
15. Has climbed Mount Kilimanjaro.
16. She married Steve Muir in 2000 and the couple had a son the following year.
17. Son, Miles William Muir born weighing 8 pounds 8 ounces. [September 2001]
18. Daughter, Iris Sura O’Connor (born on March 19, 2006) with boyfriend, Jed Sura. Iris is Renée’s second child.
19. One teacher at Taylor HS (Katy, Texas) realized her potential for acting and got an autograph before Renée graduated, knowing that she’d become a star soon after.
20. Her hobbies are rock climbing, kickboxing, horseback riding, and painting.
21. At the end of 2006 Reneé was chosen by LesbiaNATION.com as their most loved woman of 2006, a poll that she dominated all year. Her co-star from the Xena (1995) series, Lucy Lawless, ended up second in the poll.
22. Owns her own film production companies, ROC Pictures.
23. Was voted # 3 of the most intriguing people in 1996, # 2 in 1997, and one of the most beautiful people of 1997, by People Online. She made the cover of TV Guide on the July 29, 2000 to August 4, 2000, issue. It was one of eight collector’s covers.
24. Renée’s step-father Eddie Wilson is the former owner of The Armadillo World Headquarters which was located in Austin, Texas. He is currently owner of the original Threadgill’s located in north Austin, Texas and its newer second location located in south Austin, Texas. All locations have been venues which many famous musicians have played. One of the first places Janis Joplin started singing was at Threadgill’s while attending the University of Texas.
25. She also paints. Her paintings have been exhibited in a show.
26. When she started dating her first husband Steve Muir, he asked her what she did for a living. She replied she worked on the Xena set. Not saying she was a co-star. It was only when he introduced her to his friends that one of his friends commented that Renee was Gabrielle.
27. Good friends with Karl Urban.